Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #101
Islandcomm

Default Re: Common Sense Motorbiking. Where Is It?

What we don't need is guys like you telling me what I ought to buy, what is safe, blah blah blah. Yeah I know, you think you have all the answers. You don't.

You're message is getting boring, and I'm gettin' too long in the tooth for it.
Islandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #102
dean_1

Triumph Daytona 955i.
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #103
Dangerousdave_2

Yeah, I think you're right. People who keep their bikes for a long time don't generate a lot of sales. As more and more of us get to be old farts, that may change. Given a choice between a 'sensible' bike and not riding, I'll go sensible every time.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #104
Dangerousdave_2

Default Re: INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT report the True Cost of Gas

The old Standard Oil did stuff like that. They made the railroads pay kickbacks to get their business. John D recognized that if you dominated any one part of the supply chain, you could call the tune for the rest. If you are the predominant customer, anyone who makes a widget has to sell a significant part of their inventory to you. IMHO, that's the real club Wal Mart has. Even the Chinese have to worry about meeting their demands for costs. Over the long haul, Wal Mart will probably have to get reined in, for the same reasons that Standard Oil did.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #105
Dangerousdave_2

Default Re: Need?

I've been out of town for a while. Did the squid ever actually buy a motorcycle?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #106
Dangerousdave_2

I think he's praying for high gas prices. I too, look forward to the day when I can put forty bucks worth of gas in my VFRs 5.5 gal gas tank.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #107
Dangerousdave_2

I've always been of the opinion that no one should own a motorcycle that they can't get back on it's wheels by themselves after it falls over. You KNOW it will happen, probably either when you are far from help, or in front of a bunch of wiseasses who will never let you forget.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #108
DC_Dave

Default Re: Dad, ask the little woman for a weekend with your equipment

Hey, Dad, you're right, I spotted the shaft drive requirement after pulling trigger on my too-testy post.

I too used to believe in the superiority of the shaft drive for commuter bikes. Now I live in chain enlightenment with the loobman.
DC_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote