Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #21
eisenfaust
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Kawasaki models?

I cant wait to see this supposed Supermono bike. Hopefully it will combine high-tech frame and suspension tech with a decent purchase price.
eisenfaust is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #22
Holy_Kaw

It looks like 200HP and 200MPH (with chip) have arrived. Kawasaki has insisted on having the fastest bike for over 30 years now. When the Buza came out Kawasaki had to settle for the 300 KPH limit as well and had to content themselves with doing it with a more nimble bike using less displacement. Seems like a draw was unacceptable, this bike will clearly be the most powerful production bike on the planet.

Only the craziest of the crazies (know a few of em) could argue that more than the cornucopia of power the Buza and ZX-12R produce is needed or possibly even desired IMHO. Most anyone that has ridden either of these ICBM's knows what I'm talking about.

With more power comes more heat and the need for more stability. I will be interested in reading the tests with an emphasis on it's comfort and handling. I would like to see one in person (the pictures don't overly excite me). As is the ZX-12R is the Most I could envision.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #23
Fenton
Founding Member

What are you talking about, the '06 is 2 pounds lighter and comes in white. What, did you expect Honda to improve the most ignored vfr generation yet.

Man, I was wishing for 130hp 1000cc & 520lbs wet.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #24
teknoman

.JATO untrue? Damn!nowI gotta go and do it!.I, ll wait for the Boost King myself,unless that,s another urban legend,damn!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #25
pdad13
Founding Member

Well, if you can put any stock in the press release at all (gack!), it goes on pretty extensively about how agile it is. I agree that this thing looks way big and heavy, but I guess we'll have to see if they moved the class standard any further ahead.

And about the ZX-12, I understand that the subtle revision they did a couple of years back did improve it significantly. You've got the first version which had more flaws. But no, it won't work like a liter bike.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:18 AM   #26
pdad13
Founding Member

There have been a couple of pics that show parts of a new bike that are rumored to be a hyper-VFR/XX replacement. From the little I've heard from Honda, I doubt you'll see it this year. (But you never know.) Apparently they're gearing up for a big 2007 model year with lots of new stuff.

One can only hope after the cricket-inducing line-up for '06.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #27
teknoman

YYYYYYAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!![Little John] If you go to kawasaki.com and then click on their international website,click on united kingdom ,you will see the zzr 1400 in all it,s glory including spec,s.colors etc! As I am a government employee,I feel I put your tax dollars to good use,instead of to people that hate us!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:54 AM   #28
imported_g_k

I think the comments about weight are unfair - I'm sure a lighter bike is possible, but the engineering and materials necessary to make that happen mean more expense which means a (possibly much) higher price.

That's why Harleys are so expensive - the motor company charges a lot, but they invest that money in making light, responsive machines!
imported_g_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:28 PM   #29
teknoman

BWHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!Iwas drinking water and almost croaked!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #30
NinjaSquid
Founding Member

Default New GSXR pictures

Well I went and looked that Austrailian site you posted the other day and found some more pictures that show a stubby exhaust on the new Suzuki

Thanks a cool site thanks.
NinjaSquid is offline   Reply With Quote