Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 08-24-2003, 05:15 AM   #1
Holy_Kaw

Default Re: 2004 ZX-10R

When the MotoGP class started, I had a dream. A dream that one day soon the next big leap in motorcycle performance would be upon us. Well I think we're there. As the "Biggies" warm to the task (Honda supposedly coming out with a new 1000 as well) I believe the state of the motorcycle art will be quickly advanced relating to streetbikes. PS I volunteer to test-ride the 4 cylinder Ducati Monster when it comes out. First post?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
nweaver

Default Non-broken link.

http://www.moto-station.com/article.php?sid=704
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #3
rvfrules
Founding Member

Wat?! No shaft drive? No pipe handlebars? No ABS? No hard luggage? No electric windshield? Looks like all Kawasaki came up with was just another fuggin' uncomfortable crotchrocket. whoohoo.........
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:04 AM   #4
nweaver

Default However, think of the Connie II...

This looks like the perfect foundation to create the Connie-II. Make the front fairing bigger and higher, taller, back-more bars, a new rear subframe with bigger seat and hard luggage, drop the footpegs a couple of inches, and put on a standard chain-oiler, or replace the chain with a shaft drive.

Voila, FJR, eat yer heart out...

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:11 AM   #5
vfr101
Founding Member

So how does it compare to the SV650? Or the Kawasaki Concourse?
vfr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #6
Holy_Kaw

Or for that matter the VFR?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #7
Benji155
Founding Member

I'm glad Kawi is finally competing. Does it displace 1036cc?
Benji155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 01:01 PM   #8
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Cute.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:55 PM   #9
itsings
Founding Member

all I can say is [email protected]'s one sweet ride! Despite the other lukewarm posts so far I think Kawi has definitly gotten it together in the style and design department lately!!! And with that kind of light is right look it must have the power to weight ratio to rock as well....

It's funny, Kawi and Honda used to always design sportbikes first for the street being that's where they spend most of their time, but still very capable on the track. And you would think that would be what the consumer would want and therefore what they buy. But sales of R1&6's and GSXR's clearly show that to be untrue. Which is kinda sad in my opinion, maybe the previous ZX-9 was a little heavier than the rest. But it was a whole lot better streetbike. Looks like to keep up with sales and magazine comparo's Kawi had to loose the sport-tour comfort and "join em" in the literbike wars. ( course with the newer 4 cylinder race rules it was inevitable ) 2004 is gonna be a wonderous year for high performance literbikes, and I bet that Kawi is gonna be one hell of a great repli-racer!!!
itsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:58 AM   #10
waepoint

Default Game over

It looks like the pictures have been taken down from moto-station. Still, you can have the entertainment of reading the French site in mutilated English if you load it through Babel Fish.

"It is well finished the era of the ZX-9R. Very impregnated of MotoGP technology, its replacing announces itself already like a real threat for the values well in place. If one still knows few things about the animal, a first glance on the photographs already makes it possible to have an idea. First thing, the framework more seems to make think of a framework hull that with traditional périmétrique. If such is the case, the ZX-10R would be the first of the hypersports to have recourse to this solution, taking again the lesson of the ZX-12R and KR 500 of Great Price. One imagines the rigidity of the machine adapted to exceptional performances. In the same way, its compactness thanks to extremely reduced side structures, would authorize an optimal ergonomics and aérodynamisme. The tank could be located under the saddle, thus leaving the place with the top of the engine to an air box of large volume and to a quasi vertical establishment of the conduits of admission. Here thus the insurance of an optimal filling and especially of an angle of valves very closed, allowing high modes of rotation and thus an important power... The motor casings state in any case that this one is completely new in the range, undoubtedly narrowly derived from the 4 cylinders of race. The arm oscillating any oversize aluminum, the reversed fork, the radial clamps of brake, the reduced discs, the smoothness of the preparing, nothing was neglected to obtain performances and a still new poids/puissance report/ratio undoubtedly in the category."
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote