Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 08-25-2003, 05:19 AM   #11
SteadyRoller
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 ZX-10R

It will be the same as all those. My brother and I were sitting around drinking shlitz and laffing about all you stupid biches with you girl bikes. I said somebody that buys a 4 cylinder when Boss Hoss makes a 8 cylinder can't be too intelligint. We laffed and laffed for a real long time.

Anyway, you will all be happy to know that I got the wheelie bar back on the Hoss so I can really take off fast from lights down town since my woman gets real mad when she falls off the back even if I don't laff at her. Now all I have left is to fix the damn car port.

SR
SteadyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #12
johnnyb

Well i hate to bring up Buell again but it almost looks like this here zx10 carries its gas in de frame too? surely the Japanese wouldn't copy an Amurrican brand?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:04 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Johnny, ya just love stirring up the pot here. Not that I would do such a thing! Should be interesting, this new ZX-10.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:34 AM   #14
johnnyb

and if history is any indicator, the new Yamaha and Honda will prolly be slightly cooler...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:46 AM   #15
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: However, think of the Connie II...

Actually that would be pretty cool, a new motor, monocoupe frame, it would be a great start for the new Connie.

Anyone have some real world experience with the monocoupe frame 12, and how it stands up to the real world abuse?
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:48 AM   #16
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: However, think of the Connie II...

Since the original Conk was ZX-10 material, I would love to see an updated one off of this bike too. As long as it is still a shaftie. I need to have shaft or belt drive in a sport-tourer because of it's user friendliness and lack of maintenance. I'm sick of chains damnit. Oh yeah, I have a friend that just turned 22, and he's looking for a 'Wing. His Conk hurt his girlfriends a$$ too much or something. I think she's just a pansy or something.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:49 AM   #17
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Don't know on this one JB, the quick glimpse I had before they took it down kind of makes me think the Yamma, and Honda will have there hands full in the styling dept. Have to wait for the comparoes for the shake out by the rags, and MO.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: connie II chain drive

New chains are pretty well maintainance free anyway, just squirt 'em once a week.

If this one formed the basis for the Connie II and Kawasaki put an auto-oiler on it, it would be "almost" as maintainance free as a shaft except lighter and with no power loss, plus you could change the gearing if you wanted.

Replacing a chain and sprokets every 20K or so isn't that big a job
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:34 AM   #19
detansinn
Founding Member

Agreed. A few years ago, the ZX-9R got everyone hot and bothered only to have their affections diverted to the Yamaha R1!
detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:37 AM   #20
detansinn
Founding Member

I'd hedge that the bike carries fuel under the seat. It would help explain the funky exhaust routing. It's going to look pretty homely if the Yamaha and Honda are sporting underseat exhausts. (bun toasting, aside). haha

detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote