Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Indian News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/)
-   -   A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/4108-look-who-behind-new-indian.html)

vx49268 11-30-2006 02:04 AM

Re: A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian.

Ahhh, First Post.

Time for another con man to fleece a bunch of dupe.

silentgrayfellow 11-30-2006 02:08 AM

Good luck to anyone who decides to buy one of these. Did any of you MOfos have a "new" Indian when they went under the last time?

longride 11-30-2006 03:36 AM

"They also moved Indian's headquarters from California to North Carolina, where they were offered tax incentives and could draw from a NASCAR skilled-labor pool."

I think that's enough incentive not to buy one right there. At least they will save on dental costs.

seruzawa 11-30-2006 03:41 AM

I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch that. A NASCAR skilled-labor pool is a good thing? How about just having a labor pool that believes that it needs to cooperate with management and build quality products? Think that might be better for them?

Neal 11-30-2006 04:10 AM

Yes..a NASCAR skilled labor pool is a good thing. No matter what you think of NASCAR racing,the quality of fabrication ofm the machines is excellent. And no matter what KPAUL thinks of southern red states,you'll find that the labor pool is more likely to believe in cooperating with management and build quality products than in some of the traditional manufacturing centers. Also some of these states are hungry for industry and are very business friendly.....if i was looking to start a manufacturing business,North carolina would rate high on my location list.

seruzawa 11-30-2006 04:16 AM

Yes, but aren't NASCAR workers too dizzy after a weekend of beer and redneck roundyround?

Plus, it takes a couple of days for the ol' hands to heal after pounding on the old lady each Saturday night.

And furthermore you can't get them to work overtime during the WWF season.

findangle 11-30-2006 04:37 AM

Dude.. are we related?

mscuddy 11-30-2006 04:48 AM

Re: A crook who is behind the 'New' Indian.

"They were offered tax incentives and could draw from a NASCAR skilled-labor pool."

Um, won't the skilled NASCAR pool people be working on, err, "cars"?

Why not move the plant to Bergen County, New Jersey, where they could draw on the skilled wise-guy labor pool.

"you gonna love the new Indian, or i'll bustya head open."

ikonoklass 11-30-2006 05:12 AM

Shoulda moved it to Springfield, MA. Instant cred.

SRMark 11-30-2006 05:24 AM

I want one with a nice Chris Craft tank and rear fender combo. Hows about an Amphi-Bike?