Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Indian News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/)
-   -   A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/4108-look-who-behind-new-indian.html)

ksquid 11-30-2006 09:30 AM

Re: A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian.

"Hey- maybe the Indian guys can bring to market a bike like the Eliminator 1000. Imagine sportbike power, V-twin torque, and an aluminum chasis (Warrior style) with USD fully adjustable forks. It would sure screw with the rest of the industry"

You make a great point, because I am not a cruiser fan I don't see the unrealized potential. i.e. my analysis is I am sure over simplistic perhaps closed minded.. Thanks aceycliens for opening my mind.

longride 11-30-2006 09:35 AM

Did you ever wonder how hard it is to come up with a picture of yourself next to your motorcycle? Well, it's real hard when you are a liar, and an ugly one at that.

acecycleins 11-30-2006 09:36 AM

Naw- I just firgured that there may be a few guys here that didn't even realize that Indian produced a "Long I4" back in the day.

longride 11-30-2006 09:37 AM

It might have been. I'm not sure. Nobody has ever seen him. It's kind of like the Wizard of Oz in a way.

acecycleins 11-30-2006 09:46 AM

Maybe it's the 25 years playing with bikes and 10 yrs in the insurance industry, I've seen the market trends move with insurance premiums. The cruiser guys are here to stay- just like rap. We all thought it was a fad. Now it's mainstream. Sad but true

ksquid 11-30-2006 09:49 AM

What have I exactly lied about longride?

mscuddy 11-30-2006 10:03 AM

Re: Saturated market. Declining demographic target

So did a '46 Chief, ("handled like crap") but that's not the point.

It's the feeling you get, riding something that's cool, rare and unobtainable by most people. It's not posing, or trying to impress. I think it's just the love of the machine, and the feeling it gives you back.

Like your Kawi.

seruzawa 11-30-2006 10:37 AM

My Dad had one back in the 30's. We've got an old picture of him on it. But it was the Henderson. Henderson went out of business and Excelsior took the 4 over and then it went to Ace and then to Indian. But it was the same bike.

SmokeU 11-30-2006 11:13 AM

My grandpa had an Indian.

SeanAlexander 11-30-2006 11:19 AM

Re: Yes Speed kills

So... 3mph is MUCH safer than 65mph on a freeway, right?

Sure, hitting something faster will result in a greater forces and potiential for bodily harm. On the other hand, NOT crashing at 85mph is much safer than crashing at 55mph due to your own innattention.

Inebriation, inattention or generally-inept operation of a vehicle cause far more accidents than those due to excessive velocity.

Get off the speed kills! schtick and focus on something with far greater potiential for improvement..... operator training and licensing.