Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Indian News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/)
-   -   A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/4108-look-who-behind-new-indian.html)

Fenton 11-30-2006 07:41 AM

Re: A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian.

Believe me, I had my reservations.

mscuddy 11-30-2006 07:44 AM

A marvelous company is Stellican, who's beak can hold more than it's belly can.

It has enough cash in it's beak, to last for a week.

I don't see how in the hell it can.

schizuki 11-30-2006 07:55 AM

Where the Hekawi?

boru4761 11-30-2006 07:57 AM

This sounds like it has a bit more legs than the last attempt but, I have to agree with some of the previous posts. The S&S 100 motor is a bad place to start b/c it draws them into comparison with all the other clones out there.

I still think they would be better off sourcing existing inline four designs from someone who has already worked out the kinks of getting HP and reliability from a motor like that. For example, you could take the ZRX1200 motor for the cheif and sleeve the same design down to a 900 for the Scout.

Give both models some retro design cues, like the glowing head on the front fender and the crazy 4 into 1 exhaust. At the same time give the overall designs a modern feel kind of like what they did with criscraft.

Then, hit 'em with the Munro Special. A long sleek drag bike inspired model with V-Rod/Road Warrior Styling and a ZX14 motor.

Any questions?

Fenton 11-30-2006 07:59 AM

You lost? You know I'm too young for the F Troop stuff.

Fenton 11-30-2006 08:01 AM

113hp and 80ft.lbs. just might put them out of the cruiser and into the standard biz.

schizuki 11-30-2006 08:05 AM

Because most products now are very, very good, people take quality as a given, and intangibles are becoming more important in buying decisions (see Virginia Postrel's "The Substance of Style: How the Rise of Aesthetic Value Is Remaking Commerce, Culture, and Consciousness") A stylish bike with an evocative brand name can succeed (if it's reliable), and these guys are smart enough to know it.

Sorry, Kook, but you can't reduce everything to numbers - especially numbers that are deemed important by people in the suburban Seattle-based Republican-hating Republican male engineers 40-50-year-old demographic. Weirdly, they tend to value things differently than the aggregate population.

acecycleins 11-30-2006 08:05 AM

It's gotta sit long-ways in the chasis and if they were smarter than the last guys they'd build the bike in a more of a (hate these terms) power cruiser style. Adjustable suspension, maybe even shaft drive to set it apart from the crowd. I wonder if these guys read these blogs and actually listen?

ksquid 11-30-2006 08:20 AM

right I forgot you are in the GPTB as well. Cruisers are the past boys.. According to Gabe the cruiser market is flat. I think it is on it's way down. Yes style is important and cruisers are stale..

Buzglyd 11-30-2006 08:42 AM

How