Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Indian News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/)
-   -   A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/indian-news/4108-look-who-behind-new-indian.html)

seruzawa 11-30-2006 07:50 AM

Re: A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian.

Maybe if they just bought Drifters sans engines from Kawasaki and put I-4 Dakota engines them? Might work.

sarnali2 11-30-2006 07:55 AM

At least they'd still leak oil...

Buzglyd 11-30-2006 08:11 AM

I suppose I might meet the target demographic but honestly the name "Indian" doesn't mean squat to me.

I'm 42 and was born long after the real Indian went out of business.

seruzawa 11-30-2006 08:12 AM

Well whatever they build they better be sure to put speed limiters on 'em 'cause, you know, SPEED KILLS and we want everyone to be safe.

ksquid 11-30-2006 08:16 AM

Good grief Charlie Brown. North Carolina provides tax incentives for a little experiment by some Harvard MBAs who don't ride. Do they understand the motorcycle market or are they as clueless as W's Weasels of the GPTB*? If they make the same old crap they are doomed. I get the feeling that it's not a big deal if they do because of the tax payers of NC are desperate for new manufacturing jobs.

[i]*GPTB-Gray Pony Tailed Brother hood."an emerging motorcycle culture that embraces every possible danger factor: extreme speed, reckless behavior, alcohol impairment and many older riders past their prime"

Quintessentially GPTB

- cruiz-euro

W's Weasels-the three amigos (longride, Buz and seruzawa) of the GPTB who think Harley should stay the course. They feel that all Gen Ys will want Harleys in the future, thus no need for HD to innovate or change. The think the cruiser market will grow..

zenjim 11-30-2006 08:27 AM

Re: Anybody for another glass.......

Agreed. This is a group of proven professionals who have already turned around one brand. They are doing the right thing by the people who love the brand. I wish them well. I don't ride cruisers, but I dig the look of the Indians. I think if they start out with retro models and then introduce more modern designs they'll be fine. H-D getting a little competition is healthy. I know they have deep pockets but if Victory can do it...

sarnali2 11-30-2006 08:28 AM

Not really, anymore than Exselsior-Henderson did. Old ones are kinda neat looking in the same way that Pans and Knuckles are neat looking but that's as far as it goes.

If they follow Bloors lead they might get somewhere, if not it's just more financial mastrubation.

Fenton 11-30-2006 08:29 AM

That's a bunch of sitting bull.

Buzglyd 11-30-2006 08:35 AM

You're very brave insulting me like that.

SRMark 11-30-2006 08:36 AM

Re: A crook who is behind the 'New' Indian.

And if you're good with a band saw you can get four for the price of one.