Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 04-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #21
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Default Re: I need a runabout ...

god why are canadians so ***** dumb
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #22
wfowade
Founding Member

Default Fix it Again Tony?

I used to own a 124 Spyder. I had almost no trouble with the car for 150,000 miles. I did manage to change the oil every 3,000 miles or so and the occasional timing belt. It was a fun reliable car & I loved the convertible- but it handled like crap.

wfowade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #23
sfcdjevans

Default Re: Ducati Inspires Fiat

Don't you subscribe to the Ducati News Letter? This is, kinda, motorcylce news.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #24
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Wasn't it Car and Driveler that tested the HD F150 a few years ago, and noted that there were something like 18 "Bar and Shields" on the truck, but only one Blue Oval - and that was under the hood.

Their comment was something to the effect of Ford "being so ashamed" of producing some gaudy POS that they were unwilling to put their name on it.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

When you get your PhD you get a knee-jerk impulse to talk condescendingly out of your ass. Ideally this attitude combines sneering dismissal of one's inferior countrymen with a concurrent pose as a champion of the masses. The fact that this attitude is 100% congruent with general leftist thought (i.e., kpaul) explains the political climate on America's campuses.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #26
schizuki
Founding Member

Panda Monster? Is that like "Kitten Killbeast"?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

I saw an article from a New York newspaper from the late 1800's that explained how civilization was facing the dire threat of coal running out.

And let's not forget Paul Ehrlich, the environmental doomscreamer who makes Kreskin look credible by comparison. He predicted worldwide global famine before 2000. He did not predict scientific advances in agriculture. I believe he also predicted we'd be out of oil by then (if it wasn't him, it was plenty of other people. Anybody who grew up in the '70s heard about this stuff every day).

Has any apocalyptic scenario ever panned out? Ever?

Humans adapt. Science advances. The future cannot be known.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

<blockquote>gas headed for $4 a gallon in the US this summer and rising at a rate of a dollar or more a year for the rest of our lives. </blockquote>

Cripes, I hope you aren't an economist. When (if) gas hits $5.00 a gallon, expect the dunces who can't abide the thought of drilling on a pinprick of Arctic wasteland to change their tune, or at least shut up while the grownups do the work. When (if) it continues to rise, it will be economical to extract oil from Colorado oil shale. There's something like three times more oil there than in Saudi Arabia.

Speaking of economics, have any of you gas-price Chicken Littles actually done the math to figure out how much more you're spending? For me, the difference between $2.00 gas and $3.00 gas for my 30-mile commute is a buck a day. That's a fast-food lunch and a cup of coffee per week. Pansies.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #29
schizuki
Founding Member

"The United States has an oil reserve at least three times that of Saudi Arabia locked in oil-shale deposits beneath federal land in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming, according to a study released yesterday. . . .

"For years, the industry and the government considered oil shale — a rock that produces petroleum when heated — too expensive to be a feasible source of oil.

"However, oil prices, which spiked above $70 a barrel this week, combined with advances in technology could soon make it possible to tap the estimated 500 billion to 1.1 trillion recoverable barrels, the report found."

Old 04-21-2006, 04:52 PM   #30
Fenton
Founding Member

I see the day got off to a good start.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote