Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > BMW

Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I dont have the cash and I'm not taking another loan out."

That problem didn't seem to stop anyone else in this country. Doesn't matter. All the saving you are doing will help those less fortunate souls that got screwed at the end of the housing bubble. Cheer up!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
calboy147

Cool Which bike is best

Hi all,after reading all the posts on this thread i can assume it will be pretty much a waste of time to ax what the consensus would be on the best all round "Dual Sport" bike to purchase would be ,huh? lol
I am a fat crippled up old man who hasn't ridden a motorcycle in about 16 years or more and haven't ridden a motorcycle off road in 20 or more.
But after spending the last 2 years riding around North America on a bicycle;I have come to the realization that a motorcycle would be better for the next leg which will include South America as well.
I loved the cycling but had far too many emergencies back home that cost me an arm and a leg in airfare,so i certainly did not save any money that way.
So money being lets say second or third in requirements which bike would you guys recomend for third worls expedition type trips of a couple years,riding 6 or seven days a week ,mostly horrible roads some trails and the occasional interstate to get home in a hurry. I do 95% gorrilla camping so it has to accomadate being fully loaded...thanks y'all.
I read all the rveiws on the site but my reading comprehension must be declining in my old age cuz it sounded more like a political debate;"lots of words but not saying anything..
calboy147 is offline   Reply With Quote