Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 02-08-2004, 04:12 AM   #11
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW at Daytona & Hotel Rooms

Hey thats a heck of a rate for a week at daytona hilton during bike week! Motel 6 gets more than that. But they "leave the light on for ya"
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2004, 07:34 AM   #12
bigjames
Registered Member

Default Because they are anal retentive....

or really don't ride at all.

BTW, I ride BMW and Harley-davidson, when not recovering from a broken knee cap caused by an idiot cager, who left the scene...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:37 AM   #13
bigjames
Registered Member

and if the $249 for a room that goes for ~$50 when not one of the speed weeks is too much, there is a BMW campground north of town that has support of both of the national BMW clubs...and tehy REALLY appreciate your support and don't care how many folks you want to sleep with...

BigJames, recovering from broken knee cap and won't be in Daytona, damnit...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

Dear Fox News:

Fox is giving Bush a pass on this AWOL and desertion thing. Every time a guest brings it up Fox reporters quickly move off the subject. If you look at gaps in time and facts about his lack of service with the Alabama Air National Guard something is wrong. Some of the Internet sites have researched this thing and it is clear Bush is guilty at best of AWOL at worst desertion i.e. Michael Moore was technically right. If the average Joe did what Bush did he would be in prison. What Bush did cannot be favorably compared to Clinton. Clinton was openly against the war and Bush was for the war but wanted the poor and less privileged to fight it. I voted for Bush the first time but I won't because of the budget deficit, WMD, and his military record. Fool me once ....Fool me twice..

http://www.awolbush.com/

http://www.ericblumrich.com/topgun.html

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #15
SRMark

When BMW dropped the K75 from its line up, I sold mine. Best motor they ever made and they gave up on it. I then gave up on them. So, no, I don't own one now but would in a heart beat if they put their car technology in their bikes. I am probably more of a BMW fan than most MOFOs. They can and should do better. And their design staff needs a sound beating for their efforts of late.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:21 AM   #16
SRMark

Boxer cup is ok to watch but this is BMW ferchrisakes. BMW can do the old man racing, sure, but mix it up with the big boys too. I rather liked the battle of the twins series but most of those boys also ran with the big dogs. To host a gathering of BMW enthusiasts and then put on a comedy show seems to me to be beneath such a great company.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #17
edward44
Founding Member

I agree that on paper (I never road one) the K-75 looked to be a winner. However there was an interview with the BM head man a while back in one of the mags and he poured cold water on any idea of another 3 cylinder or sportbike in the furture. Also said they would not contest Dakar again which has taken a lot of interest out of the bike class in that event. Too bad.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 AM   #18
SRMark

How sad. I still want to like BMW but they make is hard to do so.