Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 07-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #71
ConsMillieR
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Yes u may have of point but unlike most italian elitist, I could speak with ginni accent. Don't take the post personal pal, fyi, I had most of my run-ins w/assholes driving all types of litre bikes while I hac my gsxr6. And i dont think all R1 boys are show off's, I'm sure alot of them would spank my ass but Im speaking on behalf of my encounters. So take a pill would ya!!!!!
ConsMillieR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #72
gdrazek
Founding Member

Default choices

I'm not talking ape-hangers, just a couple more inches of rise. But your probably right, I don't see any of the manufacturers stepping up to the plate and adding "options" to their motorcycles. That's what they think the aftermarket is for, and when it's in-house, they make even more money of you. You have to buy all the parts with the initial purchase, even the ones you don't want.

But in this hyper-competitive industry, I'd think that by having optional features would make it much easier to sell bikes, and in the end making it less expensive for the owner. When you buy a car and want leather interior, you don't have to buy the cloth seats and take them out to install the leather ones. For example, how about two types of seats for motorcycles? One for the racers, and one (more like a Corbin) for commuters/weekend canyon carvers.

It wouldn't take too much market research to estimate how many of each they would sell, so the dealers could order how many of each type they think they could move. No extra $500 and no waiting.

Back to reality, I'm just waiting to see what the new SuperHawk looks like. That will be in the running for my next steed.
gdrazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 06:16 PM   #73
VMan_1
Founding Member

If you have to ask, as they say, you don't get it. That's okay. They are not for everyone.
VMan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:29 AM   #74
crg
Founding Member

Default lira

I think you mean fist full of Lira.

...despite its Japanese influences....
crg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:48 AM   #75
Big_Boy
Founding Member

front end is clearly a vast improvement over the bland looking RC-51 fornt end... and the back end is the "original" Italian design...
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote