Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   AMA Formula Xtreme Xpands Eligible Equipment. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/3823-ama-formula-xtreme-xpands-eligible-equipment.html)

johnnyb 08-11-2006 07:57 AM

Re: AMA Formula Xtreme Xpands Eligible Equipment.

Suddenly it is most fun AMA class going. Where is Cashley? Build me a Buell, woman, I am ready to re-enter the Arena. I will be needing some sort of cape also and a large motorhome...

Buzglyd 08-11-2006 08:06 AM

I'm thinking you'd look good in an ascot. Kind of like Fred on Scooby Doo.

johnnyb 08-11-2006 08:09 AM

MORE like FRED GASSIT. Outtamyway ya fuggnkunz...

seriously, how cool if Triumph would get off its ass and build a nice 675 to mix it up with Buells and Ducatis and four-bangers. Should allow like 2500cc singles too...

aeholton 08-11-2006 08:10 AM

Should be an exciting year. Wonder how many Triumphs we'll see.

What is the current rule regarding the Ducati motors in Formula Xtreme?

acecycleins 08-11-2006 08:14 AM

equally important to the Daytona 675 racing is the Ducati ss1000 desmo bike. Ducati is selling track versions of the desmo bike for under $9000 in plastic that has already removed all lighting.

Night-Rider 08-11-2006 08:16 AM

Ducati Supersport 1000s up to 1100cc. In addition, liquid-cooled 4-valve twin-cylinder bikes (Ducati 749, Suzuki SV650) can be punched out to 850cc, and air-cooled Twins using pushrod valve actuation (Moto Guzzi) can have up to 1200cc of displacement.

Buzglyd 08-11-2006 08:21 AM

After the race you could pop out the piston and use it for a coffee table.

sarnali 08-11-2006 08:27 AM

"All bikes except 900cc-135-cc 4 stroke air/oil-cooled 2 valve pushrod twin cylinders will have to tow around a 50 lb. boat anchor at the end of a 10 ft. logging chain"

There you go JB, now your Buell will be competitive, if you're wearing the ascot, I'd go with white E.K. stars and stripes bell bottom leathers and 3/4 helmet with orange bubble shield for the total effect..

johnnyb 08-11-2006 08:41 AM

Bitter, aren't we? Y' know what, i don't really care if Buell wins or not but i respect them for GIVING IT A SHOT ya know what I mean? I bet they are working on new top-secret engine right now and you will be picking black *****y crow feathers from between yellow hillbilly teeth any year now...

Um, If the rules are so tilted in Buell's favor, why haven't they won one yet? Yes they have finished a few.

sarnali 08-11-2006 09:07 AM

BY Gar' this durn Bonney-Ville o' mine'll run the dang rings oft'n any Sportster ye can find, 'n I don't care what fancy pants yankee welds up the frame.

Want a little pepper with that crow there, feller?