Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   *Spoiler* Daytona Superbike Results. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/3382-spoiler-daytona-superbike-results.html)

smithrob75 03-11-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Mladin outfoxes Spies to win Daytona Superbike opener.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining race. I thought Spies was going to take it at the end. What else can you say about Mladin, he's unstoppable.

It's a shame that more people would rather creep along @ .0000012 mph in bumper to bumper traffic and stare at bikes and drink than to watch good racing.

GSXRWolf 03-11-2006 02:47 PM

Some pretty good races at Daytona this year. Too bad more fans didn't show up. I live in the Great White North (Canada) so we watched it all on SPEED (the TV network, not the drug) For Saturday's races we organized a party at a sports bar with big screens. About 50 people showed up. Great fun. Maybe next year we can make it to Daytona again and help fill a few seats in the stands.

boru4761 03-11-2006 02:59 PM

So much for the Buells. Their top gun came in at 52nd place. Although for such an inexpensive and untested machine, I guess that is a victory?

gear_head 03-11-2006 04:31 PM

I was just thinking along those lines today. You probably know this but I heard that a very good amount of people who go to Bike Week don't even know that there are races going on! I know I've gotten a bit jaded as I get older and more experienced in this game, but why go if you aren't going to the races? Isn't this what started the whole event?

GSXRWolf 03-11-2006 04:47 PM

No Buells finished the race.

The_AirHawk 03-11-2006 04:56 PM

Uh, No - it's a B-U-E-L-L. Victory is made by Polaris..........

(yeah, yeah, I know what you mean - just funnin' ya!)

Secretly, I was kinda hoping they would do better than that.

(but don't tell anybody - my Squiddy buddies would laugh me off my YZFGSXFZRCBRZX1000RR/R F(1-7)i-RR/R [didn't I already mention the "R"?] if I was caught rooting for a piece of Industrial Equipment.)

bowtydaddy 03-11-2006 05:58 PM

It seems Buell is following a similar path of the ill fated HD racing program. At least HD came away with a decent engine design. Either abandon the pushrod motor or stick to drag racing

schizuki 03-11-2006 06:12 PM

Mladin's continued presence in this class is a disservice to himself, to the fans, and to AMA racing.

Get thee to WSB, Matt.

Islandcomm 03-11-2006 07:57 PM

Yep, but McWilliams kept his Buell in the hunt for 2/3 of the race and only 2 mph and a couple of seconds off the pace. Not bad for a new bike. Bet they'll have a better record than most of the Petronas rigs that blow up on a regular basis in WSBK.

Islandcomm 03-11-2006 07:59 PM

Neither did several other brands. Only 52 of 69 riders finished the race.