2018 Bike Week At DAYTONA: Entertainment On and Off the Track
Cold in your neck of the woods? Head on down to 2018 Bike Week at Daytona for all things motorcycling.
Begin Press Release:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 6, 2018) – Starting with DAYTONA Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship and running through the historic 77th DAYTONA 200, there is non-stop excitement and entertainment on and off the track during Bike Week at Daytona International Speedway.
Bike Week At DAYTONA, which begins Friday, March 9 and runs through Sunday, March 18, is packed with fan activities.
- On the track: Daytona International Speedway boasts a diverse racing schedule including:
- DAYTONA Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, Saturday March 10
- Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross, Sunday, March 11-Monday, March 12
- The fourth annual FLY Racing ATV Supercross, Tuesday, March 13
- American Flat Track’s DAYTONA TT, Thursday night, March 15: The popular event gives guests another opportunity to enjoy the motorsports stadium during Bike Week with a staged course in the tri-oval of the Speedway. Harley-Davidson and Indian will battle on a one-of-a-kind race circuit re-engineered to feature a bigger, better and faster track design.
- The DAYTONA 200 American SportBike Racing Association (ASRA) race, Saturday, March 17: America’s most historic motorcycle race, with three-time race champion Danny Eslick returning to defend his title and claim the $175,000 purse and the Rolex Cosmograph Daytona watch.
- ASRA and the Championship Cup Series (CCS), Friday, March 16-Sunday, March 18: The two series will host a full schedule of road races.
- Free demo rides: Located in the Midway between the stadium and International Speedway Blvd., motorcycle enthusiasts can take the hottest motorcycles for a test ride with free manufacturer demo rides from March 9-17. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license to participate. Motorcycle manufacturers participating in demo rides include Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Kawasaki, Slingshot and Yamaha.
- Midway: Inside the free Midway, motorcycle enthusiasts will find the area’s largest motorcycle marketplace with one-stop shopping with the nation’s top motorcycle parts and apparel vendors all while enjoying live music on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley Stage.
- Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley at Daytona: Bikers can spend the day inside Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley enjoying a cold Budweiser and great food next to the area’s largest vendor, display and demo ride marketplace. Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley will also showcase live music and contests.
- Full Throttle Magazine Speedway Bike Show presented by GEICO: The Full Throttle Magazine Speedway Bike Show presented by GEICO will take place onSaturday, March 17 next to Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley. Registration is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. with a $20 entry fee per bike. The awards presentation will be held at 5 p.m. on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley Stage. Trophies will be awarded in 10 categories and a $1,000 and $500 cash prize will be given to Best in Show and Judge’s Choice, respectively. The 10 categories include:
○ Vintage ○ Custom/Pro Builder ○ Bagger ○ Metric ○ Stock
○ Sport Bike ○ Chopper/Bobber ○ Ladies ○ Trike ○ Anything Goes
- Hot Leathers Fashion Show and Bikini Contest: The Hot Leathers Fashion Show and Bikini Contest, located in Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley, is scheduled forSaturday, March 17 at 1 p.m.
- Baddest Bagger Daytona: Returning following its debut last October during Fall Cycle Scene is the country’s biggest bike show series presented by Paul Yaffe’s Bagger Nation, American Bagger Magazine and Urban Bagger Magazine. The show will take place Friday, March 16 next to Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley. Registration is from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. with the awards ceremony taking place at 4:30 p.m. on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley stage. Bikes will be judged based on four classes determined by front-wheel size: Stock, up to 21-inches; Modified, up to 23-inches; Radical, up to 26-inches or wide tires up to 240mm; Open/Pro, 30- to 32-inches. Trophies will be awarded to the top three baggers in each class and to the overall Baddest Bagger. Winners may also be featured in Baddest Bagger Magazine.
- Cycle Social: Fans can stay up to speed on the latest news by using #BikeWeek, #DAYTONASX, #DAYTONATT and #DAYTONA200. Stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat, and by downloading Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest Speedway news throughout the season.
To purchase tickets for all Bike Week At DAYTONA events, and for more information on the activities surrounding the events, visit www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.