Thousands will attend to witness more than 600 racers from around the country and the world aggressively vie for top honors in five categories including roadracing, vintage and post vintage motocross, cross country racing and trials in this cornerstone event on the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association’s (AHRMA) national circuit.
Also, motorcycle safety is a top priority, and the Sandia Classic and the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Bureau are teaming up on Saturday for Motorcycle Safety Awareness Day. Attendees will receive information on skills training and licensing, DWI and the new Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) rider training, as well as see the Duel of the Motorcycle Cops at high noon.”
Other highlights for the 2007 Sandia classic include:
· $5,000 Cash Purse for dirt track race in conjunction with the Vintage Dirt Track Racing Association (VDTRA).
· Honda as the featured marquee, with one of the most comprehensive displays of motorcycles from the 1960s to the present, including post-war street-bikes to modern multi-cylinder race-bikes.
· Legendary Honda factory rider, national champion and AMA Hall of Fame member Bubba Shobert.
· Vintage and classic motorcycle collectors will showcase motorcycles in a variety of different categories at the Bike Show. The Bike Show is open to the public, so anyone can enter.
· Swap Meet of race parts as well as street and off-road bikes and parts, accessories, books and magazines in between racing events.
· The New Mexico Department of Tourism will present their OHV training program, providing free training and certification on supplied, off-road motorcycles and ATV’s.
· And much more!
All events will take place at the Sandia Motor Speedway except for Dirt Track Racing, which will be held at the Harvey Caplin Memorial Speedway.
Tickets for the Sandia Classic events at the Sandia Motor Speedway are $10 per day or $25 for three days, and kids 12 and under are free. Tickets for Dirt Track Racing at the Harvey Caplin Speedway are $10. Tickets are available at the gate.
For more information or a complete schedule of events, call (505) 352-8888 or visit www.sandiaclassic.net.