Laguna Seca to be added to FIM e-Power series
Electric bikes a support class for USGP
The International Motorcycling Federation is in negotiations to add Laguna Seca to its e-Power electric racing series.
The e-Power International Championship includes five events, each held alongside an established FIM event. The Laguna Seca round is set to replace a race originally scheduled for June 25 at the TT Assen MotoGP round in the Netherlands. Pending final negotiations, Monterey, Calif., circuit would hold the race July 24 on the undercard for the U.S. Grand Prix.
The 2010 FIM e-Power International Championship Calendar:
- April 16, at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France (FIM WEC)
- May 22, at the 8 Hours of Albacete in Spain (FIM WEC)
- July 24, at the U.S. Grand Prix in Laguna Seca (MotoGP - Still to be negotiated)
- Sept. 10, at the Bol d’Or at Magny Cours in France (FIM WEC)
- Sept. 25 at the Imola circuit in Italy (WSBK)
FIM announces electric racing series