Although Buell has made it clear that the new 1125R was built with the rider in mind and not as a new race platform, it's also clear that the company is pretty excited to see how it will perform on the track next year. We can't wait to see how it shakes out too under the control of club racers around the country.
Buell Motorcycle Company announced expanded racing support program for 2008, with more than $1.2 million posted in cash contingencies for Buell racers competing in a variety of national and regional race series events and classes aboard the all-new 1125R and the race winning XBRR and XB model motorcycles.
“We’re proud to support the efforts of our Buell dealer teams and privateer racers through our contingency program as well as trackside technical and parts support at select national events,” said Erik Buell, Chairman and CTO of Buell Motorcycle Company.
The contingency program now includes CRA and the newer AHDRA.
The 2008 Buell contingency program will reward Buell racers competing on 2008 1125R motorcycles as well as 2003 and newer XB and XBRR model motorcycles. Buell cash contingencies will be posted in the following racing series and classes:
· American Motorcyclist Association (AMA): Formula Xtreme
· SunTrust MOTO-ST Series: SuperSport Twins and GrandSport Twins.
· American Sportbike Racing Association Pro (ASRA Pro): Superstock, Superbike and Thunderbike classes.
· Western Eastern Racers Association (WERA) National Challenge Sprints: Formula 1 Expert and Heavyweight Twins Superstock Expert.
· American Federation of Motorcyclists (AFM): Formula Twins Open Expert class.
· Willow Springs Motorcycle Club (WSMC): Formula Twins Heavyweight Expert, BOTT Heavyweight Expert and BOTT Middleweight Expert classes.
· Washington Motorcycle RoadRacing Association (WMRRA): Open Grand Prix Twins Expert and Formula Thunder Expert classes.
· American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association (AHRMA): Sound of Thunder, BOT F1 and BOT F2 classes.
· Championship Cup Series (CCS): Heavyweight Superbike Expert, SuperTwins Expert and Amateur and Thunderbike Expert and Amateur classes.
· Central RoadracingAssociation (CRA): Super Twins Expert and Lightweight Superbike Expert classes.
· All Harley Drag Racing Association (AHDRA): Hot Street class.
Complete details of the 2008 Buell contingency program, including the racer registration form, are available at http://www.buell.com/ in the Racing Support Section. The program begins with races on or after February 1, 2008.