|Features & Benefits|
|NEW FEATURES & BENEFITS for 2005:|
- Engine upgrades in the form of 40mm throttle bodies, revised fuel injection and ignition mapping, new intake funnels, etc., all result in a 3-horsepower increase at the same rpm as before with more power across the board.
- New, fully adjustable inverted fork with 41mm tubes further reinforces R6's main strength: precise handling. New, cast top triple clamp and forged lower clamp also increase rigidity, and work with revised handlebar positioning.
- To complement the new fork, the rear section of the Deltabox III main frame was revised internally to work with revised swingarm linkage and mounts for improved handling.
- Lighter, 310mm front brake discs replace 298mm units. New radial-mount four-piston calipers and radial master cylinder provide greater braking power and feel.
- 120/70-ZR17 front tire replaces previous 120/60-ZR17 for improved handling.
- Twin, ring-type radiator fans are now used to ensure optimal engine cooling.
- Revised headlight lens and revised under-cowl for even better style.
- New Raven color.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, 600cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder puts out 123 horsepower.
- Competition-bred suction-piston-type fuel injection features short intake ports and a special vacuumcontrolled intake system to ensure instant throttle response all the way up to the 15,500-rpm redline.
- Compact slant-block engine design uses stacked gearbox shafts to create a low center of gravity and balanced weight distribution.
- Ram-Air Induction System delivers cool, high-pressure air for optimal combustion and greater horsepower at high speed.
- Lightweight forged pistons on carburized connecting rods for superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass.
- Linerless, ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Special three-axis gearbox design stacks input/output shafts to keep overall engine size to super-compact dimensions.
- Curved radiator follows the contour of the frame and bodywork for an ultra-sleek look and excellent cooling performance.
- Specially designed, one-piece cylinder and crankcase assembly provides superior engine rigidity and light weight.
- Engine is a fully stressed chassis member to allow for a super-light frame design.
- Compact, large-capacity clutch ensures consistent, fade-free performance.
- Rifle-bored camshafts with specially designed valve lifters and computer-perfected timing for reduced spinning mass and quicker acceleration.
- Large-capacity internal water pump and separate liquid-cooled oil cooler ensure optimal engine cooling efficiency.
- 4-into-2-into-1 aluminum exhaust optimizes engine performance, reduces overall weight and is tucked in high for maximum lean angle.
- Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Radical Deltabox IlI aluminum chassis is light, stiff, and extremely compact for razor-sharp handling.
- Controlled Fill die casting produces an incredibly sleek swingarm that is remarkably strong and light by pinpointing exactly where material needs to be. Pivot position and swingarm length (576mm) are optimized for great traction feel.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) 41mm inverted telescopic front fork with 4.7" of travel offers race-bred suspension performance with ultra-precise rider feedback.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock with 4.7" of travel delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Removable CF die cast rear subframe is light and strong.
- Super-light five-spoke 17" wheels reduce unsprung weight; the casting technique makes the rim section light, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Durable, lightweight, aluminum clip-on bars provide optimal vibration damping
- Narrow 4.5-gallon fuel tank provides excellent rider ergonomics and aggressive seating position.
- Multi-function digital and analog instrumentation features: digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with odometer, upward-counting fuel reserve meter, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Dual Gatling beam 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- Dual LED taillight design reduces both weight and size while providing excellent visibility and a sleek profile.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
||600cc,liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, in-line four-cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke
||Constant Mesh 6-speed|
||#525 O-ring chain|
41mm inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping;4.7"travel
||Swingarm with fully adjustable single shock w/piggyback reservoir and adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping;4.7"travel|
||Dual 310mm floating discs, w/ radial-mount forged 4-piston calipers|
||220mm disc w/single-piston caliper|
|Claimed Dry Weight
||Team Yamaha Blue/White; Rapid Red; Raven Black|
||1 Year(Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Measured Engine Performance|
|MO Measured HP:
||105.17Hp @ 12,800RPM (at the tire, no ram-air)|
|MO Measured Torque:
||43.77FtLb @ 10,200RPM (at the tire, no ram-air)|
|Yamaha *Claimed HP:
||123Hp @ 13,000RPM (at the crank, with ram-air)|
|Yamaha *Claimed Torque:
||49LbFt @ 12,000RPM (at the crank, with ram-air)|