Off-Road motorcycle reviews and comprehensive testing. We take the latest bikes through their paces and evaluate them on the street and on the track.
Off-Road ReviewsDirtbikes (also trail bikes) are off-road motorcycles that are lightweight and feature rugged suspension and knobby tires to get traction off the pavement. MX stands for motocross, the sport of all-terrain racing on outdoor circuits. Motocross is a contraction of “motorcycle” and “cross country.” The long-travel suspension on MX bikes enables incredible speed over even harsh off-road conditions and massive triple-jumps. Supercross is a variation of motocross that is raced on indoor or stadium circuits. SX got its name from an original event in Los Angeles during the 1970s that was called “the Superbowl of Motocross.”
Inside the 2013 Supercross Works Bikes
Factory firepower creates the coolest dirt bikes on the planet!The start of a new Supercross season brings with it a lot of anticipation over and above race results. It’s the first time fans, riders and team personnel get to see what the competition has brought to off-road racing’s largest stage. ... Read Full Story
2013 Honda CRF450R Review
Improved handling headlines the new-generation MXerJust when you think that motocross bikes have reached their limit as far as changes and development goes, Honda goes one step further with its new 2013 CRF450R.... Read Full Story
2013 Zero Motorcycles Lineup
More power, 130-mile range, one-hour charge time among key featuresThis week Zero Motorcycles unveiled its 2013 lineup, brandishing five new models – the S, DS, XU, MX and an all-new street model, the FX - as the most technologically advanced to date.... Read Full Story
View all ReviewsOff-Road REVIEWS
- Best Motorcycles of 2012 Spectacular bikes despite fewer new models
- 2013 Kawasaki KX450F Review The updated KX bristles with state-of-the-art technology
- 2013 Kawasaki KX250F Review A terrific motocrosser gets many improvements for 2013
- 2012 Yamaha WR450F Review The Japanese give chase to KTM with an all-new off-roader
- Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2012 These 10 motorcycles are sure to make waves in 2012
- 2012 KTM Street Model Lineup Preview RC8 R Race Spec among the highlights
- 2012 Husqvarna Lineup Review Husky's got the dirt world covered, from motocross to d...
- Motorcycle.com Best of 2011 Awards Some of the best motorcycles ever built
- 2011 Husqvarna TXC i250F Review Husky’s purpose-built XC racer
- 2012 KTM 350 XCF-W Review KTM finds the perfect balance between not enough and too m...
- 2012 KTM XC Enduro Line Reviews From two-strokes to four-strokes, KTM has the enduro...
- 2012 Kawasaki KX450F Review - First Impressions Revvy and racy in a bite-sized packa...
- 2011 Kawasaki KX450F Review Big, fast and versatile
- 2012 Kawasaki KX450F and KX250F Preview Smoother, slimmer, faster and stronger
- 2011 Husqvarna TE 449 Preview Something borrowed, something new, something red!
- 2011 Kawasaki KX250F Review Fast on the track...and everywhere else
- 2011 Honda CRF250R Review A Jack of all trades
- 2011 Husaberg FX450 Review Off-road racer with a split personality
- Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards We select the cream of the crop, including our pi...
- 2011 Kawasaki KX450F Review - First Impressions Amazing things from big K
- 2010 Husaberg FE570 Review The future is now
- 2011 Kawasaki KX250F Review - First Impressions Kawasaki introduces fuel injection t...
- 2010 Suzuki RMX450Z Review Trail bike, woods racer or both?
- 2010 Zero MX Extreme Package Review Electro-crosser or expensive toy?
- 2010 Husqvarna TC 250 Review It's good, but is it great?
- 2010 KTM 300 XC-W Review More than just the ultimate woods racer
- 2010 Yamaha YZ250F Review Yamaha revamps a class favorite
- 2010 Kawasaki KLX110 & KLX110L Review Good things in small packages
- 2010 Zero MX Review An electric bike with MX-ability
- 2010 Honda CRF450R Review Honda continues to refine the class leader
- 2010 Honda CRF250R Review All new CRF can do it all
- 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Review A revolution in 450 MXers
- 2010 Kawasaki KX250F Review Team Green's Quarter-Liter MXer gets a Nip/Tuck
- 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Preview Radical new MXer’s engine turned around!
- 2010 Kawasaki KX450F Review Team Green injects some mean!
- 2008 Zero X Electric Motorcycle Review Shocking but true
- 2009 Kawasaki KX250F Review Team Green's redesigned motocrosser packs plenty of punc...
- 2009 BMW G450X Review BMW gets dirty and enters the Enduro fray with its all-new dir...
- 2008 Yamaha Street Preview Revised R6 and Supermoto, Too!
- Aprilia SXV and RXV New Model Introduction A bargain for the off-road and competitiv...
- 2004 Kawasaki KX250F Up, up, and away!
- 2004 Husqvarna SM450R Young at heart
- The Evolution of Hatch The cousins Hatch do the 2003 Dirt Rider 24 hour at Glen Hele...
- 2003 Yamaha YZ450F Four-Stroke Competition Bike for the Masses
- 2001 KTM Roll-Out Austria's Assault Force Arrives!
- 2001 Suzuki RM125 Will this help me ride like Travis Pastrana?
- 2001 Suzuki DR-Z250 Suzuki Introduces the U.S. to a Japanese Favorite
- 2001 Suzuki RM250 Lighter is Better.
- 2001 Yamaha WR426F Showing Love for the Bark Buster Set
- Year 2001 Yamaha YZ426F ... and Titanium for All!
- 2001 Yamaha Dirtbikes Oh lord, they've done it again.
- First Ride: 2000 Suzuki DR-Z400E It's Not Your Dad's DR
- 2000 Bultaco Sherco We'll Take Ours "On the Rocks"
- Honda EXP-2 The Return of Two Strokes?
- 1998 Yamaha YZ400F A Hot Start
- ATV Test: 1998 Yamaha Grizzly 600 Is Yamaha's New Uberquad Big Enough For Ya?
- Quick Take: Honda EXP-2 Successful Experiment in the Mojave Desert
- ATV Test: 1998 Arctic Cat 300 2x4 and 4x4 Cats in the Mud and Loving It
- First Impression: 1998 Yamaha XT350 A Tale of Two XTs
- Silver Country Adventure Yamaha's 1997 ATV Lineup
- ATV Test: 1997 Honda Foreman 400 Big Red's King Quad
- 1997 Yamaha Warrior
- Trail Test: KTM 250EXC Testing and tuning on KTM's most popular enduro machine
- ATK 1997 A quick look at the '97 model line
- Kawasaki's New 1997 Off-Road Models First Ride: KDX220R and KLX300R
- ATV Test: 1997 Kawasaki Lakota 300 A Mid-Sized Workhorse With Sporting Intentions
- Yamaha Debuts All-New Four-Stroke YZM400F Daily News
- First Ride: 1997 Honda CR250R
- XR400R - Light is Right!
- Living with Honda's XR250R A Decade Gone By
- Bike Review: 1996 KTM 300 EXC Small changes and great improvements for '96
- Trail Test -- KTM 400 R/XC Big updates to KTM's mid-sized dual sport
- Bike Review: KTM 125 E/XC If you like them light and easy to ride, here's a pocketfu...
- Bike Review: ATK 260LQ Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?
- Trail Test: 1996 Husqvarna 250 WXC/WXE This could easily be the best 250 of 1996
- Beta Techno Trials Test
- Bike Test: 1996 Suzuki RMX 250 You can still go mild or wild, now with conventional ...