At Intermot 2016, KTM today unveiled the 2017 1090 Adventure R. With its smaller engine, some might call it the weaker little sibling to its 1290 brethren, but KTM instead refers to the 1090 as “the purest offroad travel-enduro.”
Boasting items like significantly upgraded WP suspension, offroad wheels, traction control, lean-angle sensitive ABS, and a fuel-efficient engine that is claimed to pump out 125 hp, the 1090 is no bargain-bin bike. For perspective, that’s 23 more horses than Fabrizio Meoni’s Dakar winning 950.
See below for a list of 1090 Adventure R highlights and specifications.
2017 KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R Highlights
- Revised fully adjustable WP USD front forks with separate compression and rebound systems for offroad domination.
- Fully adjustable WP PDS (Progressive Damping System) rear monoshock for greater control and bottoming resistance.
- Tubeless 21- and 18-inch wheels fitted with Continental TKC 80 tires for excellent offroad performance with sure-foot street manners.
- Highly developed 125 HP LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition, cutting-edge Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire technology and slipper clutch.
- Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) package with multi-mode Combined ABS, ride mode technology and multi-mode traction control (MTC)
- Four-mode traction control (MTC) including Sport, Street, Offroad and Rain settings allow the rider to fine tune the power application in any situation.
- Offroad ABS mode allows for dirt-specific ABS application on the front wheel while disengaging the rear ABS for brake slides and total control in the dirt.
- Strong trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel for optimal handling on the street and in the dirt.
- Adjustable foot pegs, handle bars, and wind shield
- Integrated pannier mounts
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
- Displacement: 1050 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 103mm x 63mm
- Starter: Electric; 12V 8.6Ah
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 52 mm Throttle Bodies
- Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, 3 Eaton Pumps
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
- Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
- Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
- Subframe: Aluminum, Powder Coated
- Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
- Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension: WP PDS Monoshock
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 8.7 in/8.7 in
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/287 mm
- Front/Rear Wheels: 2.50 x 21”, 4.50 x 18”
- Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21”; 150/70-18”
- Steering Head Angle: 26º
- Wheelbase: 1,580 mm ± 15 mm / 62.2 ± 0.6 in
- Ground Clearance: 9.8 in
- Seat Height: 35 in
- Tank Capacity: 6.1 gal
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 471.8 lbs
Follow the rest of our 2016 Intermot Show coverage for more information on new motorcycle announcements.