Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yamaha (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Roadliner S, thinking of buying (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6422)

MADMAX22 09-23-2007 01:07 AM

Roadliner S, thinking of buying

Hey guys new to the forum. Getting abck into bike riding. I havnt had a bike since my "85 honda shadow 700cc about 12 years ago.

I have been looking at the roadliner S (white one) 2006 model. I am very impressed with the looks and style and feel of the bike and all the reviews I have scene have been leaning me toward getting this bike.

Any reason why I shouldnt get one of these guys?

The_AirHawk 09-23-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22 (Post 169726)

Because you can't find one in the colour you want?

Goforit.

BrowningBAR 09-23-2007 10:05 AM

Before buying a full size cruiser, you might want to hop on a bike for a bit and get your sea legs under you. Maybe take the safety class again.

...Unless you like road rash and gas tanks with dents in it?

MADMAX22 09-23-2007 11:14 AM

Thanks for the input. I signed up for the class and will be taking it in october. I just hope its as good as all the reviews say it is.

06oceanliner 12-05-2007 04:28 PM

Max,
It is beyond what the reviews say. I think I'v read everyone and they all love it. I can say from personal experence,It rides like a lexus,has the power of a vet. I have a pearl white 06 Roadliner S,I love everything about it.

If you already went for it GREAT!!!.
If you did'nt make the move yet,trust me,you will fall in love with it more,each day that you own it.

Best of luck,..........Brian

seruzawa 12-05-2007 05:11 PM

Just a friendly warning, but there are several people who are going to rag you mercilessly because the Roadliner gets less than 100hp. They should be here any second.....

waiting....

waiting.....

waiting....

Oh, excuse me. Getting less than 100hp is only something to be criticized when Harley does it. Apparently the hypocrites have no problem when a Japanese company does it.

Never mind.

06oceanliner 12-06-2007 07:41 AM

It puts out 101hp,..91hp at the wheel.

Brian

sarnali2 12-06-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06oceanliner (Post 174605)
It puts out 101hp,..91hp at the wheel.

Brian

Well there ya go, no problem then...

I'm sure they're excellent bikes, if it floats your boat then go for it, just be careful and gear up. 12 years is a long time, things have changed in the traffic mix and in the bikes themselves, good luck

Neal 12-06-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22 (Post 169726)
Hey guys new to the forum. Getting abck into bike riding. I havnt had a bike since my "85 honda shadow 700cc about 12 years ago.

I have been looking at the roadliner S (white one) 2006 model. I am very impressed with the looks and style and feel of the bike and all the reviews I have scene have been leaning me toward getting this bike.

No reason at all..get it!

seruzawa 12-06-2007 07:57 AM

Sorry man,

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 174608)
Well there ya go, no problem then...

I'm sure they're excellent bikes, if it floats your boat then go for it, just be careful and gear up. 12 years is a long time, things have changed in the traffic mix and in the bikes themselves, good luck

I just can't keep up with the trends. Last I saw 100hp was the bare minimum for one up riding. Now apparently 91HP is okay if it's a Yamaha. I just get so confused. You know, if Harley issues a recall it's because they are junk but if Honda does the same thing it's because they are a quality company taking care of the customers. Someone needs to issue a trends newsletter so I can keep informed! I'm amazed at how little I've learned in 43 years and over half a million miles on bikes!