Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Yamaha

Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
DrewSki86
Registered Member

Default Wanting to adjust peg placement

I just got a 1993 SECA II. Its in pretty good shape, runs really well. It is my second bike and I bought this one to learn how to work on, on my own.

I like the riding position as its not TOO far forward, but I feel like it would be more comfortable for me with a little bit of a change in peg/shifter/brake peg positions. It it possible to move the positioning of all these pegs and controls farther back for a sportier riding position? I am 6'3'' and the current placement is not uncomfortable around town and short rides, but I did my first longer ride this past Saturday and the current position lifts my legs pretty high and makes it somewhat uncomfortable.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
DrewSki86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewSki86 View Post
It it possible to move the positioning of all these pegs and controls farther back for a sportier riding position?
Possible, maybe.
Practical.....definitely not.

When on the highway, it's not necessary to keep your instep planted on the pegs.
Try hooking your heels on the passenger pegs.
Put your ankles on top of the pegs and feet out front.
For a real unique experience, shift your butt back to the passenger seat.

Most importantly, move around.

Regardless of what riding position you have it won't be comfortable to STAY in any one position for hours on end.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
A Star Ride
Registered Member

All of what he said I've done of different bikes & albe to comfortably lengthen the ride. Fortunately my current bike has floorboards & allows a little more moving arround, and highway pegs which I've adjusted so I can straighten my legs against them or entend & prop.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
12er
Founding Member

I'm 6'6" and my size 15's are always shifting around on the pegs. Without the little woman I hang my heals off the passenger pegs or even hang my shins over the passenger pegs at times. I often stand up and stretch while riding, more so with the wife on back.

With the seca you may be able to setup some kind of highway peg off the front of the frame. Here is an example of what they offer for KLR's.

gman's Custom Highway Pegs for the KLR650
12er is offline   Reply With Quote