Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 11-09-2001, 01:01 PM   #1
veefer69
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Tricker

It was on Motorcyclenews.com a week ago. Pretty neat little bike. Would like to see it in person to get a feel at how small it is. FIRST POST!
veefer69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default That is phat.....

As a former BMXer, let me say that this is a great idea. I would love to get it on a track.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 05:11 PM   #3
A_Nominal_Squid
Founding Member

Looks like fun, indeed. However, I'd prefer a little more in the way of the rear fender, to keep me arse out of the tire! There's a reason trials bikes have a long fender.
A_Nominal_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 05:44 PM   #4
deanmass
Founding Member

With these last couple emails I have gotten regarding this site going 'subscription', and endless scoops by other sites, as well as tests that are incomplete ( why follow the Cruiser Bruiser shootout a few days later with the Warrior...WAIT AND INCLUDE IT!), you guys are gonna have to get on the stick for me to buck up any more cash. I hope you improve enough, cause you all seem like decent guys doing a good job, but I think you may be outgunned by other publications...

This Tricker bike will sell if Yamaha prices it right...
deanmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 05:49 PM   #5
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Kinda cool. Better than another scooter, at least. And it's not really a surprise, given that some competition mountain bikes over the past few years have started to look a lot like OT bikes without motors. Guess this just fills in the gap somewhere.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 11:09 PM   #6
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Seems Cool

I think that this concept could be Very cool. From what I understand, it was designed to compete in the X-Games. I could see kids (ages 12-90) who live in the city, and don't have the oppertunity to even try Motocross setting up plywood ramps and milk crates to have fun on something like this. I have two acres personally, and would consider the Tricker to just have fun on around my yard. What could be wrong with a motorized BMX and an aluminum perimeter frame!
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 01:26 PM   #7
pplassm
Founding Member

Interesting to see that Netscape.de has a motorcycle news section. Too bad we don't have one in English.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:22 AM   #8
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Does this thing have an automatic transmission or something? I don't see a shift lever.

Apart from that, it looks like just the thing to ride through the rubble of a post-nuclear metropolis while escaping the six foot rats and cannibal mutant zombies with infrared eyes.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:00 AM   #9
VegasValk
Founding Member

I was wondering when a motorcycle manufacturer was going to make a purpose-built bike for competitions like the X-Games.

That little bike looks too cool.
VegasValk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 11:27 AM   #10
DRhooligan
Founding Member

It must have an auto transmission, or at least a centrifugal clutch. The left hand lever is the front brake, and the right hand lever is the rear brake, by the looks of it.

Overall, it looks very cool!
DRhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote