Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 10-28-2000, 07:01 AM   #1
Tim
Founding Member

Default Re: Titanium Valve YZ426F Reader Feedback

Watch out yamaha. Honda is probley going to come out with their Ti valved bike next year. Honda is always a copying off of other companies. If they are not it's a terrible idea any way. Yamaha is an innovator. enough said
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2000, 05:30 PM   #2
john
Founding Member

This article seems kinda vague. If the valves are that much lighter, did they change the valve springs?? Would they not be able to change the cam a bit to capitalize on less valvetrain friction?

As far as feeling the difference of the Ti vavles it seems more like you could feel the carb differences.
Old 10-29-2000, 05:23 AM   #3
Tim
Founding Member

The innovation, is them putting them in a production bike moron! I sure you don't understand becauswe you didn't read the part in the story where they say FIRST IN A PRODUCION MOTORCYCLE YOU PUTZ. enough said, are you stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 10:45 AM   #4
john
Founding Member

I would rather see yamaha sell their 2 wheel drive racing dirtbikes. Can't remeber what race, possibly dakar, but the bikes give tons more grip in sand/really lose dirt. Now THAT would be innovative for a production bike.
Old 10-29-2000, 10:22 PM   #5
Adam
Founding Member

How much for a valve replacement? (When/If it finally goes...)
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2000, 09:20 AM   #6
DoctorMouseboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Basic Physics

Well, actually energy = mass times the square of velocity, not mass times acceleration. You got the general idea right, though. Half credit.

MB
DoctorMouseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 06:02 PM   #7
RADICALSKIP
Founding Member

Yes I did, the bike is a very easy bike to start.I don't see what the big deal with you riders out there trying to start the 426.Love my bike...

RADICALSKIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 06:37 PM   #8
shibby
Founding Member

If you want a desert bike, I would recommend the 426, as it is more powerful, faster (If I recall correctly) and a little more heavy than the 250. For desert racing, I would prefer the heavier bike, as it is less likely to be blown around @ high speeds, and the power is more tractable.
shibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #9
shibby
Founding Member

For all day trail riding...I wouldn't recommend this bike. The seat is as hard as hell....permanent wedgy is a definite possibility (ha, ha). But seriously, the power is awesome, almost two strokish, in nature....but if you are also looking for comfort, or are riding in technical terrain....this bike wouldn't be the best choice....How about an XR 600?
shibby is offline   Reply With Quote