Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Yamaha News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/yamaha-news/)
-   -   Yamaha Officially Releases a Bulldog (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/yamaha-news/654-yamaha-officially-releases-bulldog.html)

Mollygrubber 07-21-2001 09:20 PM

Re: Yamaha Officially Releases a Bulldog

What's the point?!? What's the point of a "standard" street bike that breaks every speed limit in the country in first gear? No one needs to go 175mph on the street - ever! Are you one of the guys that was dissapointed when the ZX12R wouldn't go 200mph? Who cares!

You can have a hell of a lot of fun on a bike like the SV650 (no, I don't own one), which handles really well, is LIGHT, and makes 65 or so HP. I believe focusing on power to weight ratio makes more sense than 150hp (and up) monsters that slurp gas, weigh 600lb and encourage every idiot with a surplus of testosterone to break the sound barrier.

Rant over.

Mollygrubber 07-21-2001 09:21 PM

Smoking Buells

Oh yah, 'til it BROKE.

Mollygrubber 07-21-2001 09:34 PM

Enough is right!

How much bike do we REALLY need, anyway? Modern sportbikes have a similar performance envelope to full-on racebikes of just a few years ago - what the hell do we need that kind of performance for, anyway? Especially if you've never learned how to ride fast! I'm not saying bring on the mopeds, but really, you guys that won't give this bike a chance until it has 100hp(min)... keeping up with the neighbours, are we? It is meant for public roads, after all.

mgmike 08-11-2001 09:25 AM

Yea your right we need more bikes like the Bulldog.I own a 82 xv 920 chain drive.Neat machine,no one seems to make anything of a european nature for the states.

SuperSpud 08-13-2001 09:26 AM

I agree, I'm 22 and that pretty much lumps me into the adrenaline junky supersquid catagory. Unfairly I might add. While the occasional stoplight to stoplight dash, and 110mph freeway free for all is fun, I'd have to say that surprisingly the most FUN I've had on a bike is on my Ninja 250. I've owned a F3 (god rest it's soul, and curse the cell phone using goliath expedition driving bad bad soccermom.)

Alaskan 08-15-2001 12:57 PM

I was one of the (apparently) few intrigued by the XV920 during my early motorcycling days. This one reminds me of it, and with 80 HP it would be a winner.

However, its the FJR1300 that stirs my grits. Come on, Yamaha. Honda's made enough money to continue bringing in the ST1100 for all of these years. How could you miss with this thing? I'd be at the dealer hours before opening, just to be there when they pry the top off the crate. A motorcycle for all seasons, and just the ticket for a guy that wants to ride to Albuquerque.

Alaskan 08-15-2001 12:59 PM

Yeah. That's pretty much what I think.