Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 06-09-2001, 11:23 AM   #31
bladehandler
Registered Member

Default Re: Yamaha Officially Releases a Bulldog

What I want them to officially release is an FJR-1300 manufactured for the US and distributed next year. Let's hope they confirm THAT at the dealer show on the 11th.
bladehandler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2001, 01:40 AM   #32
old_school
Founding Member

Great idea and a solid plan. If americans did not have such an equipment envy deficit, we would be getting it too. I would love a shaft driven v-twin with good ergos. I know the kids love the race replicas.

But when your ride is THE RIDE, those bikes come up short. We need more bikes like the bulldog and real riders who would rider them. Amen
old_school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 12:59 PM   #33
ngall
Founding Member

ZZZZZZ.... What's the point? What we need more of in this country are bikes like the FZ-1. Lots of power, good looks, decent handling, decent comfort. Not an underpowered monster knockoff. Now if they made this thing with a 90 degree 100 hp V-twin, then it would be dope. Suzuki needs some competition to get them to evolve the TL.
ngall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 01:47 PM   #34
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: The point...

... is lost on America and Americans and that is why the Buelldog is not going there.

This is a bike for riders who want a reliable, everyday bike that's generally competent and comfortable. It is not a streetfighter like the FZ1, Monster or Speed Triple. It is closer in concept to the ZRX1200 and Bandit 1200, but with the added convenience of shaft drive. Perhaps the intent would be more clear if it had bags and a windshield.

I reiterate: I would rather have the BT1100 than the FZ-1 or the M2 Cyclone. If it was priced competitively with a Nighthawk 750 (and if I had the money to buy a Nighthawk 750) it would be a hard choice for me.

And if you think the Bulldog is a snore and a bore, well, at least you can now appreciate how I feel about the Fireblade/R1/GSX-R class of open sportbikes and about 1-1/2 litre cruisers...
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 02:30 PM   #35
RRocket
Founding Member

TT600? Big deal. An air cooled 600. The XR650 has more cubes, liquid cooling, better frame, and weighs a "claimed" 12 pounds less. The TT600..not much to look at, in my opinion....
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 03:56 PM   #36
marswhite
Founding Member

I really like the looks. I have a sport tourer and want something light and zippy for around town. Buell's aren't reliable enough, bmw's are too expensive and with about 70 ft/lbs of torque this thing ought to be a blast stoplight to stoplight! So what if it won't do 150 or even maybe 125, if it is reasonably priced, with torque to go, and the honey likes it sign me up!
marswhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:28 PM   #37
rodneyj123
Registered Member

Unfortunatly, engine torque doesn't move the bike, horsepower does. And 65 Hp won't do for me. For a real blast stoplight to stoplight you'll need much more horsepower, like my overweight, 145 Hp V-Max.
rodneyj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:52 PM   #38
ttcaml
Founding Member

Yes! Motards!

Don't forget dirt-cheep, crash proof motards for those of us who do not have much cash.
ttcaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 05:20 AM   #39
draz
Founding Member

Yamaha won't bring the Bulldog here because they have done a lot of market research which tells them it won't be worth it to bring it over... and hopefully they've done the same with the MT-01 concept and it told them to bring it over to the US. I would love to see a production version of that bike. Clean up the design of the tank and give it a realistic underseat exhaust setup and it would sell like crazy.

and I can't wait to see the next V-max. There is only one way to ensure this happens sooner than later... Stop buying the old model!!! they will continue to sell it as long as people keep buying it. Once they realize its sales are declining, they will have to introduce the new one.
draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 05:34 AM   #40
sportrdr
Founding Member

Open your eyes . Ducati (A EUROPEAN Motorcycle manufacturer) did it 3 years before Buell made the S1. Buell COPIED the European style.
sportrdr is offline   Reply With Quote