Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 05-12-2001, 02:40 PM   #11
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: Gabe

Yeah all you wannabe's... How dare you elevate yourselves to the level of the great, all knowing Lincoln, fastest of the fast, and the most interested motorcycle racing fan in the world. Oh, dear Lord if only someday I can be one tenth of the greatest Lincoln, and he would look down on me with forgivness and grace, for I am just a fan of motorsports...
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2001, 02:43 PM   #12
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Feedback

He looks sad, because this is the only way he can get his knee down. I wonder if Yamaha have figured out how to design a clutch that will last more than two starts yet.

I heard the design is heavily based on the Virago series, so where is the sissy bar?
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 06:28 AM   #13
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

I think this is great! I know everyone has their opinions as to what is better - 2 vs. 4 stroke but, imagine seeing both types of engines with about 3 different types of 4 stroke layout all racing on the same track... all factory supported. The best of the best of the best.

Whatever you ride, what ever your bias, the next couple years will be extremely exciting for GP racing.

Go Yamaha...hey Suzuki... where's my GSX-RGP???!

my uninformed two bits
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 08:02 AM   #14
Azrifel
Founding Member

Probably more likely that a R1-Evo engine will be put in a R7 chassis with less expensive suspension.

The R7 is so expensive if you want to have full power and then it will be very close to the R1 and on the street very closely followed by the R6, so what's the point of producing it.
Azrifel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 04:44 AM   #15
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Yamaha is doing this whole 4-stroke thing right: start with a winning chassis and make the engine fit. Honda's v-5 sound like technology for its own sake and is probably just too weird to win, and the others -- e.g. Sauber with their triple -- are probably out of their league. Go Yamaha!
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 09:41 AM   #16
aphex88
Founding Member

Good lord! am I the only one who thinks a solid black bike is beautiful? If they actually made a production bike with this color scheme I would put in my order today.

To bad it would be covered in stripes long before it got anywhere near a showroom floor. :P

aphex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 09:54 AM   #17
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Yeah, well...

Ducati makes 3 models in flat black- the 750 Monster dark, the 900 ditto, and the 750 Super Sport.

Or, you can just go to your local hardware store and buy two cans of hi-temp barbecue paint. It'll run you about $4 a bike.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:36 AM   #18
01_zx9r
Founding Member

So when can I get one?
01_zx9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 09:41 PM   #19
blavenia
Founding Member

This is probably the best thing for street motorcycling I've seen in years. One week I see a post about Governmental Regulations controlling HP and it makes me sick, and the next I find info (finally) about an inline-4 (Sorry Ducatisti, but TWINS are for Harleys!)from Yamaha. I'm not afraid to say it, DOWN W/ the TWO STROKES in GP, Long live the 4-Stroke (useable) GP Racer!!!

The incredible things this will do for Current sportybike technology over the next 3 years is unimaginable. Hopefully Honda's V5 turns out as impressive as most of Honda's technical specimens, and REVVVVS to the MOON!

Seriously, UP w/ the RPM's, DOWN w/ the Weight!!! The excitement of Four Strokes can last forever, w/out the polluting effects and WITH the Performance!!!

Now I'll watch GP, instead of living for WSC and AMA Superbike.

By the way, I love my 2001 R1, and I don't even have to put down anyone else's bike to love my own!!!
blavenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 04:30 AM   #20
ffwd
Founding Member

It looks great and sounds great - but why does it have a trunk?

ffwd is offline   Reply With Quote