Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 10-20-2000, 05:34 PM   #1
MC
Founding Member

Default I still want one

Since all the comments got wiped out, let me just be the first to say (again) that I really want an FJR1300.

Don''t worry, I''ll still keep my SV650 too....

Thanks,

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2000, 07:36 PM   #2
RMH
Founding Member

Default My deposit is ready!

Been riding for 20 yrs. and this is close to exactly what I want. Long overdue for a 2-3 week trip up & down the Rockies and this would do it just fine! (can the orig. posts be ressurrected? I was going to present them to a No. American Yamaha rep.). Was trying to decide between the new {2001} Bandit 1200, VFR800, or Triumph Sprint ST. The FJR 1300 would finalize that quandry.
RMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2000, 05:59 PM   #3
MC
Founding Member

Default SV650

Nope. No problems whatsoever.

I also frequent a couple of SV650 mailing lists and haven't heard of any problems with second gear there either.

What kind of problems are you referring to?

Thanks,

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2000, 10:47 AM   #4
Homer
Founding Member

Default Re: FJR1300 Reader Feedback

I have the cash right now and it can sit right next to my Harley. I''ll buy an R1 if I have to but the FJR is what I want.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2000, 12:26 PM   #5
Yamakazi
Founding Member

All I want for Christmas is a big deluxe sled but I guess I'll have to wait another year or two in order to get parts. Finally a real bike for the aging core of riders in this country.We in this country are not all race inspired/let's lose our insurance,would dnf on a racetrack squids or I'm not my own person/I have too much money so I'll have to buy an image. I have been waiting for years to replace the best bike I have ever owned for the real world an old FJ.Imagine a new liquid cooled FJ with hard bags,shaftdrive and more power.Forget a Porsche or vette,come on Yamaha,America awaits the new FJR1300 and so do I.

Yamakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2000, 07:56 PM   #6
Yamakazi
Founding Member

Yes, I have already made a previous comment about waiting for the FJR 1300 to show up in (my garage) the States. The bike justs makes sense, look at the responses . I've tried to find someone over in Japan over the net who I could talk to but to no avail. The best I could do was talk to Heather, customer service rep. for American Yamaha Motor corp. 1-800-88-YAMAHA. Apparently, there have been many calls about the unavailable for the unseen future bike. I also told her about my commitment to Yamaha, others interest in the bike, and of course Mo's reader's responses. Steven or Stephen Kato is the president of Yamaha Motor corp. and has offices in Cal. and Japan. You could write to him in care of Yamaha Mtor corp. Po.box 6555 ,Katlla ave.,Cypress,Ca. 90630
Old 10-26-2000, 06:55 AM   #7
Dreid
Founding Member

I can't wait to buy one of these beauties. I Just sold my 1993 FJ1200ABS, mostly due to the plain ol' desire for a NEW bike. But nobody makes a 'sporty' sport tourer. So I am buying a Cagiva Gran Canyon, as it is the best - and most reasonable priced - sport tourer I can find. But if the FJR1300 were available, it would've been NO CONTEST. Hey Yamaha, I want my FJR! If you won't sell them in the US, I'll move to Europe.
Dreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 12:21 PM   #8
Yamakazi
Founding Member

Default Re: What is boring?

What is boring? Boring to some of us is watching the people who have money or who constantly over extend on credit continue to buy pretty things because they have something to prove because either they are insecure,have no real friends, feel bad about themselves, or to sum it up probably have a small penis. In the end these people continue to spend but are never truly happy; and thay will continue to have a small penis! I apologize to any of the readers who are real riders. What I take exception to most is someone who has to stand out in everything they do

including the way their words stand out in text. enough said
Old 10-27-2000, 02:33 PM   #9
tony
Founding Member

Default I've been asking for a bike like the fj for a long time.

I'm all for Yamaha bring the bike to the US. 10

years ago I bought a Katana 1100 that I rode for 4 years and 47,000 miles. After a year of ownership I wished for a slightly more upright riding position, shaft drive and a little larger of a fairing. I bought a Concours hoping I didn't give up to much in power and handling, I did.

If what they say about the FJR1300 is true it's the exact bike I've been looking for.

The Concours is to outdated even at the cheap price people are trying to get for used ones. The St1100 is too heavy and has so little feedback when pushed in the curves. Maybe they would sell more of these type of bikes if they brought the bike we asked for to market. I think there is enough interest, I think someone from Yamaha US should respond to let us know if this bike is in the future.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 06:58 PM   #10
Yamakazi
Founding Member

Default More FJR 1300 pictures at Yamaha Europe site

There are a couple of small pictures at the Yamaha Europe site. However, the real pictures are available if you download the screensaver. I did a couple of days ago and only noticed an emblem type picture and forgot about it until tonight when I noticed that it cycles 5 or 6 different pictures . Some of the silver, with and without the bags, silver and blue ones together, and an upclose look at the shaftdrive. At better look if anyone is interested.