Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 10-27-2000, 08:22 PM   #11
Yamakazi
Founding Member

Default Re: European FJR1300 Pricing and top speed

Too many comments from Me but two more.

Price in dollars ( in Europe ) $11,333

top speed about 255 km about 158 m.p.h.
Yamakazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2000, 12:51 PM   #12
motorcyclerider
Founding Member

Default Re: FJR1300 Reader Feedback

Well, everyone forgets so soon! Yamaha got very burned with the GTS1000A sport tourer package here in the USA and I doubt that it truely beleives the US riders truely understand Sport Touring..

Now, I must agree with all of you that if Yamaha had brought out the FJR1300 instead of the GTS1000A back then, they'd probably own the market here! Oh well, it makes the $8,000 dollar Kawasaki Concours the best bargin in sport touring, looks like the way I will go hopefully by 2001!

BJ Ondo

Colorado-USA

80 GS 1100E Suzuki
motorcyclerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 06:27 AM   #13
hotspurs
Founding Member

Default Re: I still want one

Well, no suprise that they are not importing to North America this year...once again the rest of the world gets first crack...bummer. If each saddle bag holds a large full-face helmet (like my ST1100), and if they have a decent warranty, and don''t get too crazy with the option prices, they may have a winner.
hotspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 03:58 PM   #14
Yamakazi
Founding Member

Default Re: More FJR 1300 pictures at Yamaha Europe site

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/ go to news

go to bikes

if you have the right system you can download the screensaver---too much to fit on disc.
Yamakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 08:04 AM   #15
HarryL
Founding Member

There is one BMW that would replace both bikes. check out this months BMWOA and see what one clever individual did with a R1100RT fairing and the K1200RS mechanics. He is even asking for interested parties. I am a BMW guy but I'm willing to bet the new FJ is just as good if not better.

HarryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 08:14 AM   #16
HarryL
Founding Member

O.K. enough with the 'n. Someone tell me how to import one so I can get started. Maybe there is something I don't know about importing but it seems like you would be able to find an outfit to sell you one, you would just pay a few more doughnuts. from the looks of things it would be worth it.
HarryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 04:03 PM   #17
Zen
Founding Member

You may call me old school but I have always preferred a motorcycle that sits in a more standard or sport touring position. It annoys me when the top manufacturers decide for us that there is not a big enough demand in the U.S for a reasonably priced sport tourer. There is alot more of us now that like to tour and want good ergonomics. I know there is already a waiting list in my town for the Yamaha Fazer 1000. I am extremely disappointed that Yamaha is not bringing the FJR1300 to the states yet. I have waited over a decade for a reasonably priced sport tourer. Now it is out and we can not get it. Give us a chance to prove what bikes we will buy! Help me change their minds. The Yamaha Rep. told me to get as many people as I can who want the FJR1300 to call #1-800-88-Yamaha and request that the bike is brought to the US. Save me a silver one. Thanks Zen

Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2000, 10:13 AM   #18
Brad
Founding Member

Default In a heartbeat!

When this bike comes to the US I'm ready! I've been hoping for a bike just like this one. I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 now and I've been wanting something with a little more touring cabability without sacrificing performance. The FJR1300 is that something! The shaft drive and hard bags are icing on the cake. Hurry Yamaha!, I have your money and you have my motorcycle!

Brad
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 08:45 AM   #19
Grapelli
Founding Member

From what I hear, non at all. It's not coming to the US for at least another year.
Grapelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 06:03 PM   #20
tony
Founding Member

I was at the dealers today looking over the current bikes. They had 2001 gold Wing on the floor and some were looking at it. They had a 2000 Bandit left but sold the 5 or 6 2001 they had gotten in. Friend of mine bought one of them and since I want a new bike I was checking on the availability. The sales men walked over to a couple of us that visit the dealers often. One of the guys broke off the conversation and asked the salesmen if he could put money down on the FJR1300. He said that he would take delivery as soon as it came in. The small group of us looked at him and when he looked back he shrugged his shoulders and said that he knows. Our group have been talking about a replacement for our ST1100 and Concours for years. This dealership sells Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha plus a few others but this salesman focuses on Yamaha. He would love to have this bike in his lineup cause it would sell.

I believe this is the bike many of us has been looking for. Add a shaft drive to a triump and I'd buy one as long as they don't need 15k for it. If the replacement for the ST1100 can loose a 150 lbs and add a few horsepower I'm ready. Suzuki could build a shaft bike around the Bandit or gsxr1300 with a shaft drive and decent wind protection.

Tony

Tony
tony is offline   Reply With Quote