Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 03-17-2001, 10:58 PM   #41
RWUB
Founding Member

Default Re: that

It's also the reason that V-Twin motors are so popular in Superbike racing now. I guess Lincoln didn't think that wheelspin on road courses was undesireable.
RWUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2001, 11:34 PM   #42
Motorbike-fan
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Officially Releases OW-M1 Details

It's 990cc mate
Motorbike-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 11:46 PM   #43
Motorbike-fan
Founding Member

Default Re: It is well known...

A 2-stroke enigne produces 1.8 times the power of what a 4-stroke at the same enigne size. But the 4-strokes will be 490cc larger than the 2-strokers. Almost twice the size. Which means even if they were 850cc they would have almost the same power as a 500. So even if they are heavier they will be just as fast as the 2-stroke 500's.
Motorbike-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 12:54 AM   #44
Azrifel
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU SUCK

Where is your Bimota V-due EVO (streetlegal) then?

You could by a Jawa, twostroke, but utterly .

The main reason for banning 2-strokes is noise and pollution. And the last bike with an injected 2-stroke, the V-due without the Evo failed miserably and Bimota is officialy bankrupt (the Evo of a friend is still on hold because of that).

Aprilia RS250 rings a bell. A streetlegal mental 2-stroke and affordable compared to the Bimota.

Import a 2001 TZR250, buy a RS125, a Cagiva Mito Evo, but don't whine that there aren't any out there.

Azrifel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 09:10 AM   #45
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU SUCK

idiot, you don't need twice the displacement for a four stroker to produce the same horsepower... YOu need to learn more about engine building. 2 strokes are limited to the power they make and four strokers keep rising...
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 09:49 AM   #46
97yz125
Founding Member

Default Re: THIS IS GAY!

i'm with that all the way. 2 strokes are so much better then 4 strokes. the yz 250f can't hang with pastrana. did u see the daytona race where TP pulled a wheelie right past the 250f when the that guy was giving it all he had then u see a yellow bike with it's front wheel in the air how bout that 4 stroke lovers. DEAL WITH IT 2 STOKES ARE BETTER THEN 4 STROKES
97yz125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:07 PM   #47
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: You

no we can't move on, because the things a 2stroke engine offer to racing are too irresistable to be denied. things like high power, light weight, small size, simplicity. these are things that engineers have chased for decades in 4strokes. they are inherent in 2strokes.

2strokes will be around for a long time in racing.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:09 PM   #48
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: As a matter of fact....

EPA has my boy whipped real good
Old 03-18-2001, 01:18 PM   #49
Patroclos
Founding Member

Default MV Agusta what?

The 4-stroke displacement limit is a known thing now.

Yam 4 in line makes more sense than the V-5 "thing"? Why?

And what realy hurt my feelings: There is no way a person from this Earth could call the MV Agusta ugly. It is a piece of art, one of the finnest motorcycles in the market. Respect at least the technology.

You must be very conservative...
Patroclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:18 PM   #50
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default i declare you "completely misinformed"

um, joe momma? if you don't know what you're talking about, why would you want other people to know that also?

if i remember correctly, the new GP rules allow a 490cc displacement advantage for 4strokes. this tells me, AND YOU, that no, 4strokes have not decreased the power advantage 2strokes have.

you've been officially "schooled"