Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 03-17-2001, 11:20 AM   #31
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default You may have a point there....

So why don't we rescind the Big Brother's edict comdemning the use of four strokes on the road and give them a future? I'd love a street version of the YZR 500.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2001, 11:25 AM   #32
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default As a matter of fact....

I recently bought a Ski-Doo MXz 670HO, so yes, I've bought a two-stroke lately. The world does not revolve around your tastes, so if you don't want to watch the fastest bikes, fine. The rest of us will continue to do so.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:43 PM   #33
dexman
Founding Member

Default You're dreaming.

We cant because 2 strokes are smelly, dirty, more fragile than 4 strokes and the powerful global environmental lobby will not permit them anymore. 2 strokes may be a blast to race but trying to bring them back now that manufacturers have invested $trillions in 4 stroke product lines and governments have passed so much legislation against them is hopeless. You're better off rolling an 18 wheel semi up a hill, the 4 stroke momentum is irreversible now. Can't we just move on from this 2 stroke topic now its getting boring.
dexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:47 PM   #34
dexman
Founding Member

Default Re: Just because they

Its not about popularity my friend. Its called economics. Manufacturers dont care what you like to race on the track, they only care about what sells on the street. As was pointed out eariler, a US president once said "Its the economy Stupid!"
Old 03-17-2001, 01:53 PM   #35
dexman
Founding Member

Default Re: As a matter of fact....

Not for long, if the manufacturers get there way. Just give it up, strokers are dying/dead. Better tape all the GP races this year so you can show your grand kids what two strokes are....
Old 03-17-2001, 04:09 PM   #36
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: that

Exactly the same principle on the track. Why did they go to Big-bang motors on 2-strokes in the 500's a while back? Because they couldn't get the traditional screamer motor to grip.

Actually, I've read in other places that the OW-M1 already is doing quicker lap times, has a higher top-speed and strangely, isn't at all hard on tires. I don't know whether it's true, but it's as likely as not.

badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 04:16 PM   #37
SB8RC
Founding Member

Default YOU SUCK

listen *****, if they make street legal two strokes still, i would own a dozen. If they made two stroke cars, i would push my fourstroke piece of crap off a cliff and laugh. HA HA HA, BWA HA HA
SB8RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 07:30 PM   #38
dexman
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU SUCK

If this, If that. Yawn. Fact is, the factories are pushing 2 strokes off the proverbial cliff. The jokes on you. Be a good boy and buy another 4 stroke! Ha Ha Ha! (You're so easy to wind up it hurts.) Don't bother flaming cuz I dont care what you have to say!
Old 03-17-2001, 07:53 PM   #39
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Officially Releases OW-M1 Details

where did that come from? Your calling me an Idiot because I like 4-strokes being a part of F-1 racing? Plus I like the fact that it could change street bike 4-stroke motors drastically in the future. Well if that makes me an idiot I hate to see what the it makes you HA HA HA!
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 07:55 PM   #40
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Officially Releases OW-M1 Details

where did that come from? Your calling me an Idiot because I like 4-strokes being a part of F-1 racing? Plus I like the fact that it could change street bike 4-stroke motors drastically in the future. Well if that makes me an idiot sh*t I hate to see what the f*^k it makes you HA HA HA!
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote