Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-16-2001, 03:20 PM   #81
olsparkee
Founding Member

Default I ride 26 hours a day

I ride all day and two hours into tomorrow and I do it every day. I've had my saddle plated with steel to give me more hard core feeling. I've taken the bars down to the front axle and raised the pegs to the gauges to get more rake. I run the exhaust through my nostrils to tell if it starts running rich. My bike runs negative time in the quarter mile and the only time the front wheel touches the ground is when I'm sleeping which I never do 'cuz I'm always riding. I've mounted extra pistons on my crankshaft to get an extra boost of power.

So stop pissing on my leg with "Mine's bigger, better, faster and ridden longer" ok?
olsparkee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2001, 06:50 AM   #82
speed3
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha FZ-1 Sneaky Peaky

I agree with you that we should just wait and see. I love to talk and swap stories about cool bikes, but lets hold off rendering an performance opinion until one of us has actually ridden one. I think then we will have something juicy to discuss.

speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 06:52 AM   #83
speed3
Founding Member

Bad Boy Naked bikes with big honkin' motors were meant for this sort of unbelievably addictive behavior! I hoist up my Speed Triple every chance I get.
Old 02-17-2001, 06:56 AM   #84
speed3
Founding Member

Default Size Matters!

I think you and your bike have a small mans complex. Why would anyone want to compare a 600 race rep with a open class sport standard? They are aimed at two different markets. We who like these bikes enjoy the look,ergos,and the leave the little guy in the dust tourqe. You enjoy your ride, I'll enjoy mine. Happy trails
Old 02-17-2001, 08:54 AM   #85
dean
Founding Member

I have a 2000 R6 and my friend has a ZRX1100. We traded one day while riding and it felt like a cadillac compared to my bike! Much more comfortable for long distance. He has sold it and put money down on the FZ-1 because it should be better in every category: weight, power, handling, braking and we both agree it looks better. I cant wait to trade with him when he gets it broke in! I don't know how much more comfortable a F4 is compared to an R6, but I can go about one hour before my hands start to go numb! But I could ride a bike like the FZ-1 all day without my hands going numb......hmmm....go figure.
dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 09:07 AM   #86
dean
Founding Member

And your not a squid? You are obviously an awsome rider since that matters most? Why not beat em on a moped? That would show how much of a better rider you are. I personally would never be embarassed by being beat by another motorcycle........but if I get beat by a car, i'm giving up riding!
dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 09:10 AM   #87
jarrodhroberson
Founding Member

Take your mouth from around the exhaust pipe dude.

The R1 has Legendary low and mid range power and torque. Mine pulls stumps from about 3k all the way to the red line!

The R1 is even getting the nod in the mid-range department over the 2001 GSXR-1000 by a small margin.

The FZ-1 is a BRUTE!

jarrodhroberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 10:23 AM   #88
DZL
Founding Member

As distinct from all the opinioneers who nitpick without having ridden, having now done around 1000km on an FZ-1 demo (& signed to buy it!), I'ld like to advise that the model is as close to being my ideal bike as I've ever come after 35 years of riding & prolly 100+ bikes owned/ridden.

Comfort is great, such that after a 600km ride I coulda stayed on for another. The engine is 'sublime', even tho Ive yet to go past about 3/4 revs, & I'm in awe of something which will pull smoothly from idle in 6th thru to way way past my own envelope - but then again I'm not into wheelies or stoppies or knee-dragging so what would I know? Well, I KNOW what I like & that's 'having fun' in a reasonably safe fashion - & the FZ-1 sure cuts the mustard for me in out the 'real world'!