Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-16-2001, 04:11 AM   #71
das
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha FZ-1 Sneaky Peaky

Ah, the irony. You're right, of course, but then again, he didn't use the word "stupid", he used the word "idiot".

Say it with me boys and girls... sarcasm...
das is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2001, 04:23 AM   #72
ZRXRy
Founding Member

Exactly my freakin' sentiments. I don't want some watered down overweight lump. Give us the real deal, with comfortable ergos like the FZ1 has. Full strength engine, all the lightweight parts and aluminum frame, that's what I want, I just want to be comfortable while I'm riding it. And a new fairing with some decent upper body protection would be nice (but you can lose the lowers, as far as I'm concerned.

I know there's others out there who would be interested in something like this.
ZRXRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 08:19 AM   #73
doohan
Founding Member

Weak mid-range on an R1??? Bro you heard wrong.

I don't know what the deal is with the FZ 1 but ride a r1 before you say it has weak mid range.
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 08:40 AM   #74
speed3
Founding Member

I currently ride a 2000 Speed Triple,but I think this FZ-1 is fantastic bike. For those of complaining that it won't be fast enough,just pipe down and buy an R-1. I feel we are lucky to be in an age of motorcycling where manufacturers are starting to bring us new and interesting products, instead of just more of the same.

I am only 33 but do too my height and a tender back, I need upright ergos,but I still want the handling and a good measure of speed. The new breed of sport standards are a great combo of comfort, handling, and speed.

As far as lack of wind protection goes, most of my friends who ride similar naked or semi-naked bikes are not that interested in fairings or body work. They like me are after the stripped down look. If you want more wind protection, dont buy this bike. My local dealer is sold out of his allottment and is already calling other dealers to see if he can get more machines. Hats off to Yamaha for bringing us a super cool machine with a livable pricetag.
speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 09:07 AM   #75
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default ergos are definitely subjective

And I think 600 sport bikes are fine. I'd ride across this country on a 916 right now for that matter, I think most people whine too much. Only thing I was having trouble choking down was the part about most rides being less than an hour.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 11:52 AM   #76
bigbertha
Founding Member

Cool bike, thefz-1, but it is Friday, where is the rest of the story???
bigbertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 11:54 AM   #77
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Not for me.....

You got a long way to go. I'm 41 and keep lowering the handlebars and raising the pegs. Knee surgery did not stop the progression, nor will shoulder surgery that I may or may not need. Of course, you could turn the 'Wing into a cafe racer. Might be an interesting project...
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:42 PM   #78
H1Rabbit
Founding Member

I'm with you. It's FRIDAY... AFTERNOON... on the WEST COAST; Where's the story guys. You're teasing is getting to be too much. Help us out!
H1Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 01:03 PM   #79
fz1
Founding Member

Oh, I get it now MO, this is like the recent 600 article fiasco.....you didn't mean THIS Friday, you meant some distant Friday you haven't as yet determined. At least you folks are consistant.

fz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 02:15 PM   #80
dean
Founding Member

Here everyone goes bench racing bikes before they're even available yet! Wait and see the results from the tests and then respond. Kind of a waste of time to say "I think this and I think that" when it is based on nothing but a guess don't you think?
dean is offline   Reply With Quote