Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-15-2001, 05:55 AM   #31
bilbo
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha FZ-1 Sneaky Peaky

I completely agree. Sporty standards are my favorite kind of bike for real-world riding, so I'd love to see a comparison like this. R1150R, ZRX1200, Bandit, Monster 900, Speed Triple, Cagiva Raptor 900, did I miss any?
bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2001, 06:03 AM   #32
Surefire
Founding Member

Your dumb. the R 1 is nown for its superb midrange, not lack of it. Where are you reading from? All motorcycle mags praise the R1's midrange, so unless you read a magazine from space......your an idiot.
Surefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 06:20 AM   #33
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Not for me.....

I'm only 25, so I have quite a few sportbike years left in me, but when the time comes, I think I'll probably just pry my authritic ass off of my GSXR or R1 and go straight for the VTX 1800.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 06:22 AM   #34
Chris_VTR
Founding Member

Did anyone else notice that Yamaha has cleverly put the FZ logo on the bottom part of the fairing where it will be clearly visible while in a wheelie? Very thoughtful, since there will clearly be a LOT of wheelie pictures of this bike in the press in a few weeks. :^)
Chris_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:21 AM   #35
das
Founding Member

Default Re: Seat height?

I think that your lists of relative seat heights tells the story. There are loads of bikes of all types that have low seat heights. That's great if you lack confidence or are short, but it's a pain the knees for those of us taller than average. Sure, I'm biased by my height (6' 3"), but it seems to me that some 34"-seat-height sporty bikes with good cornering clearance AND reasonable seat-to-peg distances are long overdue.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:16 AM   #36
rpete
Founding Member

Ah, the irony. Maybe you should try to comprehend the original post before attempting to offend anyone else with such words as "stupid" and "dumb".
rpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:22 AM   #37
stevegrab
Founding Member

Gee, I was certain this stupid first post crap would go away once they required people to register.

At least have something to post, then if you must brag about first post. But honestly, I don't think anybody gives a damn
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:32 AM   #38
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: CO Native

I live in Boulder, and mainly ride the smaller, tighter mountain canyons--Lefthand and Coal Creek are the most civilized that I like. I firmly believe that Boulder Canyon is a deathtrap, and I get tired of all the traffic.

I've been riding around the Fort Collins area, and there are some real fun tertiary roads around there if you look hard enough

Starving Student
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:36 AM   #39
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Just curious, but what is "amazingly weird" about the Bandit? I would definitely rather have the Fazer than the Bandit if they cost the same, but as it stands, I would take a Bandit and the cash for mods . . .
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:50 AM   #40
Smoker
Founding Member

So, when do we get to see Honda's 929 Hornet? That will be the bike to have. What is the deal with Honda building a similar bike to the FZ-1? I know there was some article earlier in the MO news about a CB900.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote