Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #11
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha to grow share in India

A little advanced? Ha--you sure are sheltered. Who do you think coded out the operating system you're browsing the Internet with?

Countries like these are competing in ways Americans just can't. Everytime I buy something, I always look for the imprint that says where it's made, and it almost always is China.

I live about 1/2 a mile from the Cisco Campus in Silicon Valley, and about 60% of my neighbors are Indians that work there and at the surrounding high tech companies.

Not many ride bikes, unfortunately
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Go India Go!

thanks for the excellent analysis of the India market. It's fun to watch the transformation of India into a world power house via education, igenuity, and hard work. The U.S. could learn some valuable lessons. I work with SW engineers from India everyday. I find them professional, intelligent, hard working, creative and team players. Ego takes a back seat to the sucess of the team.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Scruisers! I like that. Well I am no fan of HD but...I too want them to survive(don't see them going anywhere soon). If HD closed up tommorow can you imagine what we would be paying for our metrics?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:59 AM   #14
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Go India Go Part 2. They deserve their success.

Yep read my Go India Go post. India has invested in education. The U.S. is falling way behind in engineering and science. W. doesn't read so why should we expect U.S. kids to. U.S. teachers are woefully inadequate to teach math and science. Kids are getting the message not to pick tech careers cause they can't compete and these jobs will be outsourced. Most of the Indian SW engineers I work with can write better English than I and my U.S. born cohorts. U.S. companies have this misplaced confidence that they are better managers(Jack Welsh of GE) than Indian companies. i.e. the MBAs here think they can hire engineers there and be successful. Trouble is India is training their next generation of managers too (who have technical backgrounds, unlike U.S. types) who won't be satisfied with taking orders from a NY MBA with no techie background. Nor should they. More power to them.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #15
eekadog
Founding Member

i think he means enfield tech>"Indian motorcycle" tech
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #16
ewok1
Founding Member

I spend a good deal of time working in India. Mainly in Chennai (Madras). You can't imagine the skill of the Indian rider. The enfield bullet is the ducati 999 of India. The bike of choice seems to be the hero honda.

the 50-125cc bike is the mainstay. they ride the wheels off them. i'm buying a bullet myself and going to try to survive the traffic. the rules of the road are stated as follows. when you can go, then go. when you can't, stop.

ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #17
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: Go India Go!

just to be clear, it seems unlikely that India will emerge as a true world power, without power.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #18
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Go India Go!

Nukes man Nukes and Biodiesel and there off to the races. Don't they coal deposits as well?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #19
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default On the contary...

Their brain power that I am seeing coming from Inida is impressive. India's top high school students consider MIT and CalTech inferior to IIT. Employers here are thinking the same thing now. Did you see the 60 minutes piece? There has been several pieces on the WSJ as well.

[b]Japan has no natural resources i.e. power to speak of, yet they are a true world power. Why can't India?</a>
Old 07-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

Some people you just have to draw pictures for.......

In 1953 INDIAN MOTORCYCLES of SPRINGFIELD MASS. contracted to Royal Enfield of Birmingham UK to build twin cylinder overhead valve motorcycles for them, as the technology was beyond Indian Motorcycles resources at the time, in a last ditch effort to compete with Triumph, BSA, Norton and even Royal Enfield themselves.

These bikes became know (to Indian Motocycles chagrin) as Indian Enfields. That was what I was refering to as eekadog so tactfully pointed out. I am in no way "sheltered" thank you, I believe the educated class of India are more than capable of handing us our lunch in a number of areas.

I also think women from India are smokin' hot, and I can cook Aloo Gobi and Chicken Tikka Masala all day long.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote