Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 06-18-2005, 01:48 AM   #21
bod
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha Follows BMW Sales Model

I agree if you cant buy toys with cash then there not fun
bod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2005, 01:52 AM   #22
bod
Founding Member

the shelf life on a mistress is 3 yrs 7 months no longer you can shoo her of earlier but no longer if it goes longer she thinks its love and wants you to divorce your wife.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #23
frytz
Registered Member

Or, just go get an unsecured line of credit for a slightly higher rate, that way you can get by with $1000 less in insurance every year. Come out $900/year ahead X 60 months financing, and you have an extra $4500 towards your next bike. Or blow the $4500 on track days, which your full insurance wouldn't cover anyway, and you'll have more fun. Why is it that people finance cars, furniture, and motorcycles again? Oh yeah, that's right, instant gratification and lack of financial discipline. Just drive through any trailer park and look at all the '04 & '05 leased 4-door pickups. "...got an amazing deal"

Here's a formula that works: Divide the value of your favorite bike by the number of weeks you're willing to wait until you have it. Put the answer in the bank every week until you're done waiting. Buy the bike you want in August or September with "2000 miles, never down, no abuse, meticulous maintenance" because the owner is "going back to school, needs the money". You'll have $thousands left over.
frytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #24
smithrob75
Founding Member

LOL !! That's what most of the ads look like at the end of the summer. However they're usually not very discounted. some thing like this.

2004 Yamaha R1, new pipes, fender eliminator, frame sliders, 3500 miles. $9700.

Me thinks that most people financed their bikes and are trying to get paid off, there's still a lot of people selling 2003 R6's for $7500-$8000. Although I'm sure there's deals to be found most people don't really like losing money. I enjoy holding the title to my 2004 Ninja 636, and I know if I ever wanted to sell it I could undercut everyone else by a bit and sell it quick for hold out 'cause I don't need the money.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:39 PM   #25
Blade-Rider
Registered Member

Ever heard of punctuation....
Blade-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Some kid here in Chicago followed your advice. He only had liability on the bike, which we are required to carry here in Illinois. He got an unsecured loan on a new R6. He dumped the bike the second week he had it. Destroyed most of the plastic and tweaked the frame and front end. He was on the message board wondering what to do, because he can't afford to fix the bike, and is now paying on a motorcycle he can't ride and also can't sell. Looks like he didn't come out the 900 bucks a year ahead. Last I heard he was going to try to fix it, but haven't seen him since. Your advice is fine, as long as the bike never hits the pavement, or gets stolen. Otherwise, you won't be riding for a looooooong time.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:29 AM   #27
2tb
Registered Member

No punctuation - it was a technique ("stream of consciousness") that enjoyed a brief popularity, I think in the '60's.
2tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

What are the odds that Japan would allow HD to build a bike plant there?

Whoops they already did that once. Never mind.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:59 PM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

"Stream of consciousness" is simply a euphemistic psychobabble term that's designed to make "running off at the mouth" sound like a good thing.

For 12 bucks a year Bod gets to do what idiots pay 100 bucks an hour to do on an analyst's couch. He gets the same results, too.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:49 AM   #30
bod
Founding Member

I am a self proclaimed finance guru I will be the next greenspan