Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Yamaha Ditches Daytona for Laguna

Well, it's about time. Can I bring my ratty almost-basket case '76 RD400 (green) that's in the garage?

The piston slap can be heard for blocks!

Where are we gonna set up the lawn chairs?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
sarnali
Founding Member

I thought Eddie Lawson rode a Kawasaki.

sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
Grover
Founding Member

While I agree that the Daytona 200 pretty much sucks donkey balls this year, I'm not sure this move by Yamaha has so much to do with how lackluster the Daytona even has become, as it does with the substantial amount of money Yamaha put up in order to make sure that the USGP actually happened, and an understandable desire to put everything they can into "their" USGP show. I know MO had the press release about the Yamaha contribution a few months back, and Yamaha received great praise for it on these boards, alas I'm just too lazy to put up the link.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Is that 50 year Anniversary an actual anniversary or another one of those charter things?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Maybe they'll come out with a special "parchment" paint scheme.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #6
jungkvist
Founding Member

Yeah, Yamaha's hit menopause. Now, maybe they'll bring out a Geritol-Edition FZ1, with saggy saddle-bags and corrective tires.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
jungkvist
Founding Member

Don't go, trying to remember stuff. At our age, its too hard (I thought he was a short-stop).
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #8
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Die! Daytona! Die! Die! Die!

God! Wouldn't it be nice if Daytona went the way of the Dodo Bird. Then we would...really, never have to see, a NASCAR race.

If I never see Super Bikes (whatever they are, according to the AMA this year...depending on, who's greasing their palms) on a high-banked track again, it'll be too soon!

If I wanted to watch NASCAR I'd: drink cheap beer 'til I dropped 40 IQ points, start beating my girl friend, chew snuff 'till my teeth turn green, and buy a case of Dramamine to keep me from getting sick from my head constantly moving around in circles.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the Dale Earnhart bumper sticker, blanket, ashtray, bobble head, beer mug... and, any other piece of crap, you can find that's licensed by NASCAR.

Won't it be wonderful when the AMA grows up to be, just like NASCAR (where's H.L Menckin, when you need him).

Old 02-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
pattonme
Founding Member

Default Re: Die! Daytona! Die! Die! Die!

Agreed! I'd stand for Al Queda taking a plane full of, well empty air (I could say worse), and crashing it into the empty stands of Daytona and forevermore ridding the world of this claptrap track.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:22 AM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Die! Daytona! Die! Die! Die!

I think you need to move on from the "redneck" stereotype NASCAR fan. They race all over the country, including Chicago, where you can't get a ticket to the race without paying double the face value. I've been to a couple races, and I didn't even beat my girlfriend once. I do drink cheap beer though, and I can't afford to drop the 40 IQ points or I'd be in negative territory. If Daytona lives or dies, NASCAR will still be there. Only in the AMA's dreams would they ever be like NASCAR. It's all about the marketing. Ask the NBA.