Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yamaha News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Dirt Revivalism: Yossef On The New XT660 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2665)

Badkat 02-08-2005 09:23 PM

Re: Dirt Revivalism: Yossef Gets Down With The New XT660

Ha! first post. It'll be nice to see these sell. Not anough of this breed out there....

jjasper 02-08-2005 09:23 PM

The XT660X looks great! Too bad we can get them on this side of the pond :( Is Suzuki the only one coming out with a CA street legal supermoto bike?

captainwhoopass 02-08-2005 11:02 PM

It's OK, I guess, but heavy. I'd rather have a WR450F Supermoto than the XT.

djfurman 02-09-2005 12:48 AM

Re: Dirt Revivalism: Yossef On The New XT660

Looks like a fun bike but it all depents on the price. How much are they going to be?

rvfrules 02-09-2005 01:23 AM

Nice informative review. Layout guys, how about doubling the number of paragraph breaks to make it easier on the eyes? :)

cptaebphd 02-09-2005 02:16 AM

Through the Wee Strom prism....

I’m stuck viewing this bike through the Wee Strom prism. The XT600 is lighter, better looking, and can handle somewhat rougher roads. But it also has less hp, less range, poorer lighting, poorer instrumentation (not even a tach?), less wind protection and will probably carry much less.

I don’t see the XT600 stealing any sales from the almighty Strom – in fact, the XT600 might just steer more sales to the Strom once customers realize what a great deal the Strom is in comparison (even if the XT has a much lower price) and come to terms with how they will REALLY use the bike.

HNH750 02-09-2005 02:47 AM

For this type of adventure why not just walk over to KTM and get a dose of BIG ORANGE. With their bike you won't have to worry about bashing the exhaust or ripping that fragile looking water hose.

5valvethumper 02-09-2005 02:54 AM

Great review..if we could only get it here.. Is there that much market in the US for the XT200 and XT225, but no 660? Great work Yossef, keep'em coming.

SRMark 02-09-2005 03:05 AM

Yamaha just plain sucks. "Looky what we make that you guys can have." Or the all to familiar "Well, if you really want one we can create a waiting list and maybe you can get one sometime." Stick it straight up yer arse. Yeah I like the bike but given the Beemer's high price, 12% doesn't seem like that much of a bargain.

cstewart77 02-09-2005 04:00 AM

Probably not a bad bike for blasting around town and for the most part more dealers (maybe not better) then for KTM's.

I would like to see Yamaha and the like produce super-moto's as they have the technology....I have a 625 SMC that I love, but do not have a local dealer and maintenance is a chore....street legal out of the box and a high neat factor but how about a factory street legal 450X or WR?

I know Suzuki is coming out with one, but looks a little too soft; needs a larger engine....just my thoughts....

Carry on,

Chris