Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 01-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #61
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: YAMAHA RELEASES ADDITIONAL FJR 1300s

Yeah, well, I used to drink whatever had alcohol in it. And, I've had hang-overs scarier than Charles Manson listening to the White Album.

And, I'm a Red-Blooded-American (by-God) God fearin, Bible thumpin, Don't-take-no-$hit-from-nobody (long as they ain't standing right there) Goldwater-Democrat ...not no Commie, like ya done said.

I uz jus bean colloquial, afore.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #62
team222
Founding Member

I will never buy another Yamaha due to this allocation pre-order program.

>>>>

Nothing justifies putting customers through this and now that they have overwhelming demand.... they continue the program.

I would fire every of the Yamaha USA Marketing types that have been involved with this program.

>>>>

Bottom line is they are in the motorcycle manufacturing business and I like going to a shop and buying bikes.

One of us two is not doing their job.

>>>>

At first I thought Yamaha had to have the pre-order program due to not having confidence that there were not that many ST owners out there that would by the FJ.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, news here Yamaha....for every ST owner there were 10 of us that would never buy the ST and have been waiting for a bike like the FJ for years.

>>>>

Then Yamaha hosed American buyers with the obsolute FJ the first year vs Euro spec one so not only did one have to wait til the riding season was over to get the ST ...its was outdated in a month or so with the new model.

>>>>

Over the years the Euro FJ has sold well.....been highly regarded and they dont have to go through the allocation-preorder program. Tells me all I need to know about what Yamaha thinks about the American buyer......and count me out forever Yamaha.

>>>>

At rallies I attend I estimate there are 5 buyers not willing to go through the program for every one that did.....if the bikes were in stock at dealers to test ride and buy ......dahhhhhhhhhhh just how much better would sales be Mr Dipco.

Simply unamazing.....what's next from Yamaha.....pre-order all their bikes and wait for 12 months for delivery

Mike

Mike

team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #63
team222
Founding Member

I will never buy another Yamaha due to this allocation pre-order program.

>>>>

Nothing justifies putting customers through this and now that they have overwhelming demand.... they continue the program.

I would fire every of the Yamaha USA Marketing types that have been involved with this program.

>>>>

Bottom line is they are in the motorcycle manufacturing business and I like going to a shop and buying bikes.

One of us two is not doing their job.

>>>>

At first I thought Yamaha had to have the pre-order program due to not having confidence that there were not that many ST owners out there that would by the FJ.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, news here Yamaha....for every ST owner there were 10 of us that would never buy the ST and have been waiting for a bike like the FJ for years.

>>>>

Then Yamaha hosed American buyers with the obsolute FJ the first year vs Euro spec one so not only did one have to wait til the riding season was over to get the FJ ...its was outdated in a month or so with the new model.

>>>>

Over the years the Euro FJ has sold well.....been highly regarded and they dont have to go through the allocation-preorder program. Tells me all I need to know about what Yamaha thinks about the American buyer......and count me out forever Yamaha.

>>>>

At rallies I attend I estimate there are 5 buyers not willing to go through the program for every one that did.....if the bikes were in stock at dealers to test ride and buy ......dahhhhhhhhhhh just how much better would sales be Mr Dipco.

Simply unamazing.....what's next from Yamaha.....pre-order all their bikes and wait for 12 months for delivery

Mike

Mike

Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #64
johnnyb
Founding Member

enjoy your Concours. No waiting.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #65
sarnali
Founding Member

No, but I heard Ariel Sharon and Yassar Arafat used to spend a little "quality time" in the 'ol kibbutz if ya' know what I mean..(wink wink nudge nudge)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #66
team222
Founding Member

I dont own a Concours and never have ridden one

At what point does a program concern you.....

Old 01-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

The PC800 may be gone, but I'd bet you'd look great on a Burgman with paisley scarf!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #68
team222
Founding Member

Hey, I got some news for you Tom

For Yamaha to be concerned about having to sell the FJs at list price versus at a discount if they brough in more than was needed in any year is pretttttty scarrrrry for a multi billion dollar company.

If they need to cover this FJ USA cost risk....why not cut back on the finger nail files they buy Rossi each year to break even

Mike
Old 01-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #69
seruzawa
The Toad

FJR is not an image/fashion/status/legend/pose thingie

Wanna bet?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:33 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

He would be livid if the company that pulled this crap started with an "H" and ended with an "A". If you say the name 3 times though, he comes out of the screen and haunts your house, so be careful.