Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 01-04-2005, 06:42 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: YAMAHA RELEASES ADDITIONAL FJR 1300s

Negative nabobs.... pot/kettle alert!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2005, 06:56 AM   #42
Mooner
Founding Member

If you don't want one, don't buy one and quit whining. If you want one but aren't patient, buy something else or buy a used one. You must have a bike right now anyway right, what are you trying to replace, and why the hurry? If you aren't willing to wait, there must be something else that can satisfy you. For what it's worth, I am used to waiting through Minnesota winters to ride anyway (whether the ride is a new one or not) so maybe I have more patience.

In case you haven't noticed, the less than huge sales numbers for this bike may be, in fact, the reason for pre-ordering.

As far as lowering the price, that would be tough with overstocked, unsold machines not generating any revenue from the previous year. It already is quite a good deal when you look at competitive new machines (ST1300, VFR).

AND why not look at it as getting the bike early instead of late. It is a next year (2005)model that was available before all the rest of the 2005's were. I have also noticed a number of either dealer orders, or cancelled orders around, so if you need a new one, it can be found.

I swear, if some of you guys don't have anything to biitch about you aren't happy.

Oh, and no I don't own one, but I do own a VFR (no Connie), so my opinion is messed up to begin with.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:56 AM   #43
sarnali
Founding Member

For a commuter or light weight Goldwing a PC800 is pretty hard to beat from a strictly utilitarian point of veiw

Not my cuppa' Tea, but at least they're not trying to copy or buy into a "heritage" with it.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #44
johnnyb
Founding Member

dude, which r your favorite warren commission sites? u ever try to sneak into Area 51?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #45
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I wonder how buying a motorcycle that you can neither see nor ride, AND you get to pay up front, keeps the customer happy? Are you getting yours in the "popular" Galaxy Blue this year JB? I know I am.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:07 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't want one, and I won't buy one, and the purchasing system is messed up. I can certainly whine about that if I like. Since I am used to buying at least one motorcycle per year, I think Yamaha should note my concerns. Like you say, there is always Honda. But then again, should that be the casee? And you say:

"In case you haven't noticed, the less than huge sales numbers for this bike may be, in fact, the reason for pre-ordering. "

Or maybe the pre-ordering is CAUSING the "less than stellar" sales numbers. I suppose it's all how you look at it.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 AM   #47
jungkvist
Founding Member

Preview/Ok! Hate when that happens...

Well said (hey, we're all Wankers) and if motorcycles weren't such an emotional choice none of us would be B!tching.

Though, I would be p!ssed if my hand-signed-print kept falling off the wall; and, it would be nice if my ex-trophy-wife wasn't such a miserable %$#@. But, that's what I get for being a Wanker.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 AM   #48
tomk2
Founding Member

That's it... this is a market based economy & for Yamaha the question will be... will they sell all these additional FJRs at list price?

If the answer is yes then I think you'd have to call this little marketing program a success!

There may be some of those little Italian moto makers where the plan is "let's build the most beautiful exciting motorcycles & hopefully while we're doing it we'll make enough money to pay ourselves" but for the Big 4 the game plan is all about "return on investment"

Like John Goodman said, "it's all about the money, boys!"
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #49
johnnyb
Founding Member

it really is a left-wing liberal way of doing business propped up by the biased media. Somebody should be shot. Lots of somebodies...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:28 AM   #50
anrajala
Founding Member

>Yamaha continues the limited editon – soak

>the public program

No no no nooooo. All this is production based. Unlike it is popularly believed, Yamaha does not have bunch of large old warehouses made of corrugated iron sheets, where thousands of little yellow men happily tinker with hacksaws and screwdrivers year in year out (singing hi-ho, hi-ho)

Modern automated production system can churn 10,000 gear box shafts in a day, but re-setting the b1tch takes a week. Add to this zero-stock, just-in-time supply chain with hundreds of subcontractors, high value low volume end product with strongly seasonal demand. Even you guys can start to see the need for batch production. And for a sales model exactafakingmente what they have now.

FJR is not an image/fashion/status/legend/pose thingie, its simply the ultimate machine in its own category that guys really in the know buy. For them its not like going to some other brand to buy some other thing so easily, so Yammie can pull it off, with this particular model.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote