Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-09-2004, 08:39 AM   #51
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Bush aWol Problem going mainstream media now

"According to The Boston Globe, Bush was in Alabama from May to November 1972 working in the U.S. Senate campaign of Republican Winton Blunt. He was required to attend drills at an Air National Guard unit in Montgomery. But there is no evidence in his record that he did so. William Turnipseed, the retired general who commanded the Alabama unit at that time, told the Globe in 2000 that Bush never appeared for duty there."

Click here for more details

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2004, 09:18 AM   #52
jeffreyzone
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 FJR 1300 Ordering & Info

Yep, Yamaha is taking a similar approach with the FZ6. My favorite dealer has already sold six of the eight FZ6's he'll be getting, and the two remaining bikes (color TBD) will go to the next two people who make those $500 deposits. In the meantime, the Honda 599 will probably be readily available all summer long.

It certainly is interesting to compare the two approaches. I imagine that Yamaha will lose some FZ6 sales to Honda this year, but they'll also probably have a healthy waiting list for next year's model.

Personally, I wish they'd be a little less conservative. In many ways, the FJR1300 and the FZ6 are better than the competition. I guess the dealers have mixed feelings.
jeffreyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:24 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I'll tick you off even more!

They do in the Ozarks
Old 02-09-2004, 10:00 AM   #54
anrajala
Founding Member

I dunno what you guys are whining about the difficulty in ordering the bike. If we Euros want to buy Rune - which is not type approved to European Union - it goes in four easy steps:

1) Apply U.S. work permit

2) Move to U.S.

3) buy, register and insure Rune

4) move back to Europe and bring Rune as "moving goods"

So what were you saying about the crappy web ordering process getting on your nerves?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:26 AM   #55
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: You just don't get it.

Oooooh, pretty. And even vaguely motorcycle related.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #56
kawazuki
Founding Member

Well, to be fair, 'wings are considerably more open than any of the cars you mentioned. It would be more accurate to compare a 'wing to a somewhat minimalist touring roadster.

And, well, I'd have to say that the answer to why someone would choose the 2 wheeled version to the 4 is the fact that it can be more fun to take a bike instead of a car. I'll certainly agree that a 'wing is more plush than a 996, but it's still a lot closer to that than it is a Lincoln. Gets better gas mileage, too.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:42 PM   #57
julian
Founding Member

I just read it in one of the major mc mags.

I don't keep 'em after I read 'em so I'll call them tomorrow to see ifn' I can find out which one it was.

BTW, I read a decrease for the calendar year not for the extented anniversary model year.

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #58
julian
Founding Member

BTW, how can you prove the sales numbers easily?

Could save me some phone calls.

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #59
brcookg
Founding Member

Default I've got one

Pretty much everything said here is accurate; it's big and fast, and yeah, weighs a few pounds. It ain't the last word in two-wheeled motivation, but it's floating my boat for now. 0-60 in 3.9 secs is plenty fast for me, and the stiffer suspension the put on the 04's and 05's really works.

Take the bags off and it still looks good and feels awfully sporty; on real world world roads the weight is knida nice...holds it down in the bumps and tracks well on windy days...comfy for the pillion too. During the week though, it holds all my crap, offers decent protection, and still goes like hell.

Speaking of demographics, perfect for an old fart like me (49) who's not ready for the geezer-glide or gold thang yet (tho I'll be there someday).

The purchase thing is kind of a pain, but not that big a deal 'cause if you really hate the thing there's plenty of folks who'll take it off your hands for what you paid. Once you've had the bike a few months you forget the wait real fast...

brcookg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:38 AM   #60
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ya got mail.