Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-08-2004, 12:13 AM   #21
speedybird
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 FJR 1300 Ordering & Info

FJR 1300 riders see each other on the road, they know they belong to an exclusive club

This is such a crock. What Yammie wants you to do is walk in with the $500 smacks, agree to pay full MSRP, and agree to wait! Fools!

Of course if 200,000 of us agreed to this deal, do you think they couldn't ramp up production and have 100% of the orders filled? You'd get your bike, but you might have to wait until they got their act together. But then, you agreed to wait, didn't you! And by the time you got it, it wouldn't be that exclusive a club, would it?

Hardley puts out a quarter mil per year, creating demand by making you wait just long enough for the lust to linger, but not fade. No over production, no discounts on bikes or accessories, fully financed deals, Hardly makes a Billion in annual profits, life is good...for Hardley.

Now really, does anyone think Yammie couldn't/wouldn't produce as many as they have orders for if you are willing to wait?? BS
speedybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2004, 04:05 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Pi$$ off....

...you old toff.

I was stuck here watching the snowfall and the dam ice dam in my dam driveway getting dam bigger every dam minute. Ever tried to reassemble a Honda Magna in an unheated garage when it's 22 dam degrees?

At least I've got rock-out public funded radio to lighten the load on Sat. Great 60's rock and no freakin' commercials.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:23 AM   #23
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default I'll tick you off even more!

I went riding! 68 and sunny. Two girls, two different bikes.

100 miles with girl #1 on Ducati in the morning.

100 miles with girl #2 on Harley in the afternoon.

The weather is the same today, I guess I'll have to go riding.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:01 AM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: well sheesh..........

go to home depot and buy a space heater, then re-assemble the Magna in the kitchen while the garage is heating up

When Mrs.Seruzawa sees the bike in the kitchen she'll be so hot the ice in the driveway will melt by itself.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:09 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Oh yeah?

I get to make up for it in the Spring/summer/fall with all those nice pleasant rides on all those nice sparsely trafficked mountain roads.

Not to mention that air is a gas here instead of a solid.

How do you avoid running into all those illegals immigrants that Bushie invited up there? The roads must be pretty crowded with all those old dented Chevy pickups wobbling down the road with the backs full watermelons or cages of chickens.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:11 AM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll tick you off even more!

well hey, I went riding today already except it's dark, 36 and patchy fog. Doesn't sound quite as fun as your ride yesterday.

Somewhat bracing after last nights shin-dig. My oldest and her boyfriend showed up along with my stepson so we wound up tippin' a few ( I hid the Bushmills when them mooches showed up !)
Old 02-08-2004, 05:16 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Guess what.

I already have a 22000 BTU kerosene heater. It maybe brings the temperature up to 30 degrees if I run it for 3-4 hours. It's just a bit hard to torque headbolts when the handle of the wrench makes your fingers numb. And then it's hard to thread on the 10mm nuts with snowmobile gloves on. And don't suggest I lay the parts on the heater please.

Boo hoo. Woe is me. Next weekend though.... it's down to central Utah and into the mountains on the ol' snow sleds. 4 day holiday weekend in the Manti LaSal mountains at our cabin. Yeeha!(Deanscream)
Old 02-08-2004, 05:18 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Now you did it...

Bush is a raving commie! Kerry is a Kennedy clone and Dean is a hyper toad with a comb-over. Only general Clark can save the country Bush deficit now stands at $ 489 billion and counting soon all jobs will go to afore mentioned immigrants and we'll be selling pencils on the street corner....( I'm not as good at this as He Who Can Not Be Named so bear with me)
Old 02-08-2004, 05:22 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Mabel Stewart's Trailer Park Entertainment Tips

My Dad used to buy Texas Fifth's of cheap Gemco whiskey and pour it into a Seagram's VO bottle for his guests. Try that. Your friends will think you're a gracious host.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:27 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Clark will save the country...

... like he almost did in Kosovo when he ordered a British NATO unit to attack the Russians. Fortunately the British wisely refused, WWIII didn't start and Clark got quietly canned. After courageously bombing a few Serbian bridges crowded with civilians and wiping out a Serbian TV station.

Oh sheesh I've done it now. Here comes the linkmeister I betcha.