Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 09-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #1
cosmo6244
Founding Member

Default looks like another great year for riding!

Very, very nice! Their home site even had links for pics of all 3 liter bikes from Kaw, Yamaha, and Honda too! I think I'm leaning Kaw, Yam, Hon if styling was the only factor.

first post?
cosmo6244 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Ducgroupie
Founding Member

Default Re: Is this the new R1?

So this is what the 18th time someone's put a link about the new YZF-R1 on here in the last 2 weeks.

Put something new. We've seen these pics at the same website 2 weeks ago.

Ducgroupie out
Ducgroupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 09:19 PM   #3
mad1
Founding Member

Is it just me or are "new" motorcycles just 0.01% better than "last year's model"??? New R1, old R1, new CBR600, old CBR600, new GSXR, old GSXR, what's the difference other than 2 kg, 10mm and 2 degrees at various points? I am sure I speak for a significant number of motorcyclists:

We are BORED of incremental improvements. We NEED new ideas. Evolution is no longer enough. Give us a new Ducati 916. Give us a new fireblade. Give us a new V-Rod (ok, I'll wait a few years for that, or will that be decades, considering it's a Harley?)

I can't wait for the motorcycle to turn our world on its head like one of the above did - sorry old(er) folks, I can't remember much before the 90s - too young........

mad......
mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
mad1
Founding Member

Oh and one more thing

These damn things LOOK the same as the last model. I'd be damned if I could make out the difference between a '98 R1, a '99 R6, and a '04 R1 - all at 20 paces (and for all you smarta**es out there, I have better than 20/20 vision.....
mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
dwr461
Founding Member

You stole my thunder. That was my thoughts exactly.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:42 AM   #6
Chango
Founding Member

Yeah. We all know you can tell the difference between an '03 Sportster and a '63 Sportster from 1/4 mile away.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #7
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

After the Honda CB750 and to a lesser extent the Kawasaki Z-1 (which saw duty as the days Roadracers through Tourers) and were the last revolutionary bikes in my eyes, it's been mostly refinement and specialization. That said as an "Ancient one" (I can remember from the 70's, lol) I am happy with the results. The bar has been raised to a level that I believe it's possible to buy a "good" Motorcycle from any Manufacturer. Viva La Evolution. There's nothing wrong with a better idea in fact if you have one bring it on. Tularis?, is one of the companies that may provide the next "revolutionary" idea but I believe that the best of todays motorcycles are so good we are still talking about an incremental improvement, I'd love to be wrong.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #8
SuperBill
Founding Member

OK, if you want something REALLY new in a production bike, try Dan Gurney's Alligator at this link. Enjoy the freshness!

http://www.allamericanracers.com/all...ator_home.html
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:39 PM   #9
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default As a great MOron once said...

"Don't see nothin' about cruisers at all."

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:21 AM   #10
anrajala
Founding Member

You have 20/20 vision but you still can not see the forest from the trees. How 'bout the new Triumph for incremental development? Its not exactly like 0.1% different from some other model. From 20 paces I can see the difference even with my left eye (-4.00). Just close your eyes and say "rune"

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote