Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 08-14-2003, 06:23 AM   #11
thecrumb
Founding Member

Default Re: Fazer 600 Information

I'd buy the faired version. I'd love to have a FZ1 but simply can't afford it. If this were priced reasonably I'd seriously consider it - esp. in silver

jim
thecrumb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2003, 06:31 AM   #12
giuliom
Registered Member

Great styling! I love the underseat exhaust, and the other stuff. I think this could be a great bike here, giving the SV650 a run for its money. I plan to write to Yamaha asking them to market it here. I am sure it would be a success (unless it's priced way high). BTW, I have a 92 Nighthawk 750, and I can push that bike and have fun: I can stay with or pass a lot of squids on sportbikes in curves, but the power is simply not there and the handling..., let's say when you take the Angeles Crest at fast speeds it is not confidence inspiring.

I would love a bike like this one, with the versatility to commute and have fun on weekends!
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 06:53 AM   #13
schizuki
Founding Member

Schizu reaction:

unfaired - 919 with Brutale headlight. Feh.

faired - cross between SV650 and BMW R1100S. Sweet.

It looks like that clunky grabrail could be ditched and leave a handy mounting point for Givi mounts. That would make it a sweet middleweight sport-tourer/commuter. And I bet that 90% of street riders would be faster on this than the R6. If I didn't already have a Givi-ed Bandit 600, and if I wasn't still prejudiced against liquid cooling ("what, I gotta check a radiator now?"), I'd buy one. But I don't think it would sell well here in the US, where posing rules. Bet it will be the best-seller in England, though.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 07:05 AM   #14
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha discovers Agusta

it all comes down to NR750
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 07:16 AM   #15
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Oh, almost forgot, centerstand

Look on the photos: it has an honest-to-pete centerstand. SV-riders, eat yer heart out.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:13 AM   #16
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Obsolete

Japanese bike manufacturers are famous for making sure you feel that your current bike is behind the times. They make the bike all knew so your bike of a couple of years has no interchangeable part. This makes it easier to price gouge you at the dealer for any parts you'll eventually need. By the way how does bolting at the triple clamp automatically make the frame stiffer, lighter, cheaper???? Just cause they say so doesn't mean you have to buy into it without any supporting data. 3 years from now they'll be velcro fastening the frame together to make it stiffer, lighter, cheaper. Cheaper has more than one conotation.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:28 AM   #17
Tigercub
Founding Member

Maybe the FZ600 can do what the Triumph Speed 4 hasn't been able to do - sell a bike with state-of-art handling and supersport brakes, but with an everyday street motor. But, then again, maybe that just doesn't work in this country. The Fazer and Hornet have been in Europe for years. Here, the old Fazer sort of fizzled out. What about the Katana? Given these choices already most guys are just buying the SS600s. Last year's 600 is a still more bike than the SV650 and such, for a lot less than this year's SS600! The extra couple of thou doesn't seem to matter.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:37 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re while they're at it

Get Suzuki to bring the GSX1400 over too
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

You can't impress your buddies unless you are riding what all the magazines (which owe their very existence to pleasing the manufacturers) claim is the latest and greatest.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:32 AM   #20
mjs
Founding Member

Yamaha please bring the FZ6 Fazer to the USA.

I want one !!!
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote