Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 12-11-2000, 04:51 AM   #11
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

If I had the money, I would buy a Ferrari. I want to buy a 1.2Ghz Athlon Thunderbird right now. Does this mean that I need this stuff? That I can drive like Mario Andretti, or that I am running the most demanding computer programs in existence? Obvously not. I could get by just fine with my Cherokee and a cookie cutter Dell.

I like having the best. Owning the best is fun. It is fun to have and appreciate the best that there is. I would not buy a ZX-6 because it is ugly and is not engineered nearly as well as the Suzuki or the Yamaha. It weighs more and makes less power, and doesn't handle as well to boot. Honda makes a good bike, but being the best clearly isn't their main goal.

Get the point?
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2000, 04:59 AM   #12
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

I may have grown up a bit, but, the prime factor for female companionship is (religious tendencies aside) still HOW HOT SHE IS.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 07:32 AM   #13
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default women

as long as the love-n keeps she will always have some appeal. No mater how good she looks some one is always sick of her .
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 08:24 AM   #14
john
Founding Member

Too bad every article about the TT mentions how bad the low end sucks. even Bike said it was the crappiest low end they had ridden in a long while.

Prestige?? Triumph??? How the hell did you make that connection? When i think of triumph i think of a quirky company historically devoid of any type of quality control. In just the last year or two have they even started to address these issues, and i think it will be 5-6 more years before they become satisfactory.

Triumph is like the Jaguar of the '80's
Old 12-11-2000, 10:09 AM   #15
BurningSquid
Founding Member

Default Re: What is best?

Sheesh...why don't you sell your bike and buy a car? Nobody really NEEDS a motorcycle. We buy motorcycles because we ARE emotional about them. Oh, and while we're at it, the factory doesn't just sell bikes to get OUR money. They build bikes to RACE, then get OUR money.

Race replicas are geared to those who know what they want. So what if 99% are posers and never ride on a racetrack? As long as the demand for race replicas are there, a market will exist for them.
BurningSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 10:12 AM   #16
BurningSquid
Founding Member

AMEN!!!

>
Old 12-11-2000, 11:37 AM   #17
tony
Founding Member

It's good for the economy that a bunch of folks have the desire to have the latest and greatest. It also makes for good choices on the used market.

It really doesn't matter if they go any faster on the new bike as long as they are happy with it.

Most folks in the Us buy bikes as a toy anyway so what's the difference if they wear the center of the tires of an R6 or a cruiser as long as they are happy doing it.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 12:42 PM   #18
DougW
Founding Member

Idiot. My 2000 GSXR750 has had more serious troubles then my 98 R1. The R1 doesn't have the injection or the ram air because it hasn't needed it. The only complaint I have with the R1 is the damn seat subframe. They bend easy in a crash and always get totalled as a result.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 05:54 AM   #19
BurningSquid
Founding Member

Are you saying all those bankers and lawyers who buy Hardley Ablesons AREN'T posing? It doesn't take much to unleash the potential of an HD.
Old 12-12-2000, 11:21 AM   #20
stevegrab
Founding Member

Whose buying a racebike? These are supposed to be sporty streetbikes. Sure if you want a race bike, get a GSXR or R1/6, but a Honda (F4 or 929) or Kawi (ZX6R) are much better street bikes.

But then that is the problem. All of these idiots who are buying a bike thinking they are going to be the next world champion so they have to start out on a race bike (which they ride back and forth to the college campus or do high speed hijinx on the freeway).
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote