Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Yamaha News

Old 02-15-2002, 09:09 AM   #1
david_l_sumner
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha confident about YZR-M1

First post! Woohoo! So that's why my FZ-1 has carbs?
david_l_sumner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2002, 09:23 AM   #2
evilgenius
Founding Member

First Post! I've been mulling the subscription thing but after waiting 4 days for new news, I gotta admint that MO is slow when it comes to news.

I just can't see any benefits to the subscription model because MO doesn't seem any faster (web page loading), doesn't include more content (when compared to the freebies out there.

Back to M1, nice looking engine and I can't wait to see the lap times compared to the Katoh's NSR...

evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:23 AM   #3
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Biaggi vs. Rossi

I hope this bike will help Max be more competitive against Valentino. Who doesn't want to see them duke it out in 2002?
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:24 AM   #4
evilgenius
Founding Member

Second Post!

I got beat out on first post, thanks to nagging neighbor middling in worthless conversation while I was about to hit Ok!
Old 02-15-2002, 09:46 AM   #5
evilgenius
Founding Member

M1 seems to be pretty damn fast for an all-new bike - check out lap times at www.cylenews.com

Currently tied for 1st at 1:35:13 with Barros's NSR. John-Boy Kockinski's at 3rd over Biaggi!?!? Katoh's down at 8th, Laconi and the Aprilia at 14 (looks like Aprilia's got work cut out for them since they're behind development compared to Honda and Yamaha).
Old 02-15-2002, 09:55 AM   #6
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default More from Ichiro Yoda

When asked how he expected the carbureted, in-line 4-cylinder Yamaha to compete against the fuel-injected v-5 of the Honda, Yoda said, "The dark side entices with many technical tricks, but the the race goes not always to the most powerful. The force is with us. Champions we will be."

With that, Yoda excused himself to make sure Max Biaggi wasn't playing with his "flashlight."

NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 10:47 AM   #7
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Y.A.M.A.H.A.

You're Always Messing Around Half-Assed

Ha! I enjoy my R1 though.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:02 AM   #8
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

For Real. I have been thinking about too. It seems like this site is good for bike reviews (which I only really read the Open Class and 600cc reviews), but the news is a tad slow. Took a few days for updates and I just had to go to www.motogp.com, www.2wf.com, www.cyclenews.com, www.eurosport.com, www.amasuperbike.com. Oh, for free.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:04 AM   #9
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Biaggi vs. Rossi

I Honestly don't think Max and Val will even be close to battling this year. Checa will perform better on the bike especially since he is a lot more comfortable on the 4 stroke than max is. Checa was ten times more happy when he began developing the M1 while max just wasn't maitaining the same Cornerspeed.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #10
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Y.A.M.A.H.A.

Although I have an R6, your bike is my next. I just feel so much more comfortable riding one and I am actually faster, which ain't that fast, really.