Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 12-09-2001, 09:43 PM   #21
sparkx
Founding Member

Default Re: What about Corser?

I read if Troy can't get a ride in gp1 or wsb he has been offered a drive in the lamborgini diablo race series in Europe (troy owns a Diablo and raced as a guest about a month ago I think he finished 4th and 6 th against seasoned car racers ) so whatever he chooses to do all the best as he is a nice bloke! Have met him a couple of times at Phillip Island.
sparkx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2001, 05:08 AM   #22
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

I ran into him at the Guna Classic this year and he seemed like one of the nicer racers out there. I can't say the same for Carl Fogarty...
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:41 AM   #23
buhl
Founding Member

Default Re: A Huge Mistake... NOT!!!

He rode faster at Suzuka than Edwards did on the RC51. He has already set impressive lap times on the 5 cylinder honda and that thing is just out of the box.
buhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:24 PM   #24
le_turbo
Founding Member

Default Re: A Huge Mistake!!

Sorry - but the Honda VTwin was doing the better job upuntil the project got killed off. Pole position on its first outing (at one stage Mick Doohan was considering about it). Best podium finish was 2nd (3rd on its first year with Okada) with Takuma Aoki (and almost a win until he bins it). Aprilia best finish was 3rd and it took them awhile to get it too.

Don't get me wrong I really like Aprilia - but you don't set the world on fire by just winning the 125cc and 250cc. I do hope Aprilia will do well next year though. Now that it is almost certain that Harada is off to ride a Honda NSR500V4 - best wishes for whoever that's taking the GP1 ride.
le_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:22 PM   #25
pistonbroke
Founding Member

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE...OH.. YOUR A HOMOSEXUAL....
pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote