Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 12-08-2001, 05:07 AM   #11
spindizzy
Founding Member

Default Re: What about Corser?

Corser is quoted in this weeks AMCN as trying to get the funding together for the team - he will get the same machines and support as the other works team if this comes off according to Aprilia.
spindizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2001, 10:56 AM   #12
GM_FAN
Founding Member

Default Re: A Huge Mistake!!

I stand corrected, could you please post a link with the rules?
GM_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 11:13 AM   #13
GM_FAN
Founding Member

Default SPIN is WRONG

I'm sorry that I apologized but it should've been you doing the apologizing. You should've read the rules.

http://www.22000rpm.com/2002rules.html

You'll clearly see that oval pistons ARE allowed and nowhere do I see beryllium being outlawed just titanium and aluminum in certain components.
GM_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 01:29 PM   #14
christianl
Founding Member

cant you see that this is the first step in consolidating the wsb and motogp into one very entertaining series?to bad the ama doesnt have the same kind of forward thinking,ama roadracing is all but dead and i will miss the talented riders but the organization will not be missed at all.i plan to support f-usa and wera this season and the ama can take a flying leap!!
christianl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 01:34 PM   #15
christianl
Founding Member

Default Re: No Repeat for Rossi

i like krjr alot but i think this is your patriotism getting the better of you(which is not a bad thing)rossi is clearly the man to beat out there and having the honda juggernaut behind him doesnt hurt either
christianl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 04:27 PM   #16
stormcloud
Founding Member

Yes, they have done very, very well in their short time in WSB - matching the performance of Ducati who have been doing it for over a decade. They obviously know four-stroke tech.

However, dont forget that Aprilia have been more than matching it with Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki in GP's for years - in fact winning multiple 125cc and 250cc championships with different riders in recent years. And they got better results with their twins in the 500's than Honda did. They aren't just copy-cats either, with plenty of unique technology.

I think it is fantastic that a smaller, apparently passionate company can do so well. They seem to be able to go well at whatever they have a go at.

Wouldn't it feel good to beat the big boys?!

Cheers!
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 05:01 PM   #17
spindizzy
Founding Member

Default Re: SPIN is RIGHT!

Nope - the rules were updated in August to contain :

No Oval pistons

Engine block and heads must be made of Aluminium Alloy.

It was done to stop the bikes costs getting completely out of hand.

The rules you're quoting were the preliminary ones - check the FIM web site.
spindizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:35 AM   #18
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Haga comfortable... NOT!!!

On Haga's first GP wildcard race, he scored a 3rd. His first time racing a 500gp bike. I think he can handle it, but racers say Michelin tires are totally different now. Look at Simon Crafar, and how fast he was on Dunlops (regis laconi too) and when they all switched to michelin, it was a different story. Remember that year Haga raced the R7 on Michelins. He crashed almost every two to three races. When he went back to Dunlops, he almost won the championship.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:39 AM   #19
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: No Repeat for Rossi

Roberts Bike is clearly slower than all the others. But he won the c-ship on the damn thing, but get's beat by good riders on superb bikes and everyone thinks he is washed up. Let's wait and see.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:39 AM   #20
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: What about Corser?

I heard he was trying to get Michelins.