Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 09-05-2001, 06:11 AM   #11
panthercity
Founding Member

Default Re: Oschersleben has very few passing places

Aye, but you have to be close enough to pass or it makes no difference, eh?

A situation that no one found themselves in regarding Xaus or Edwards...
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2001, 06:46 AM   #12
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah it was.

How do you figure? There can only be one first post per story. Or is that like "I was first in the race, after the fast guys."
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 06:50 AM   #13
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Championship for Colin?

I don't have Speedvision so I don't see much (if any) of the World Supersport, but I can imagine how close it is. The Supersport machines are all much more closely matched. The same reason that AMA 600SuperSport (I suppose 750 too, but the talent level isn't as high) racing is some of the best action I see each year (live and on TV).

At least none of it is as boring as F1, a true procession race.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 11:05 AM   #14
elitegroup
Founding Member

Way back when M.O. did a survey asking for our predictions on who will win the WSBK championship, I picked Colin Edwards right off the bat. Even though his season hasn't been really smooth he's right in the chase on the RC-51 with the latest and greatest from Akrapovic helping out I hear. I hope he can pull this off because it would be a great come back if he does. Go Colin Go and don't look back until you see the flag that is WHITE AND BLACK!!!!!!!!!!
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 11:10 AM   #15
elitegroup
Founding Member

Looks like someone took your FIRST POST and stuck it right up your ass HA HA HA!

Type faster next time and maybe you'll win the retard race for first post HE HE HE!
Old 09-05-2001, 11:19 AM   #16
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Re: Exhaust

Have an exhaust the looks close to stock? Hmm was your question really serious? Hmmm some of you people really scare me with your unsubstantial blab! Now what you should have asked was shouldn't the Rc-51 that Colin rides be Red and Black in color and have DOT approved tires! That would surely have got you shot from point blank range HA HA HA! I don't think one part on the WSBK honda bikes have a stock part left on them anywhere. Well maybe the frame and that's about it.
Old 09-05-2001, 12:35 PM   #17
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: Exhaust

Hey, ease up on the guys who are asking serious questions. We're not all as "informed" as you think you are. And if you think that Colin's frame even might be stock, you know far less about race bikes than you think you do.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 01:56 AM   #18
4in6
Founding Member

How can you say Colin Edwards does not have the fire in him. No one does more testing and track work than he does he is in almost every race it has been the bike that has let him down this year and that is hard for me to say cause I am a honda fan he had mechanical failures in two of the first four races and if you were paying attention which i doubt you were you would have noticed that Edwards was ahead of Bayliss in both of those races. Bayliss is a great rider but he is not ahead of Edwards because he is trying harder or because he wants to win more. His bike just hasen't let him down as much. If you want to see a racer with no fire left look at Kenny Roberts Jr when you just quit that makes you a real loser I hope he gets smoke checked by every privater in moto gp but Edwards is not a quiter. You are probably from Austrailia and thats why you like Bayliss which is cool but don't bag on a champion because he isn't from your country. I don't question Mladins desire to win so don't talk smack when you can't back it up. I hope neither Edwards or Bayliss have any more bike problems the rest of the way so we can see who is the better rider not who has the better bike. IN CLOSING THE TORNADO CAN SMOKE ANY PUNK ON THIS SITE TO INCLUDE ME. So don't question the mans desire.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote